• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best business mobile phone plan ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best business mobile phone plan ?

Hi,

I just had a letter from Orange saying they are upping the cost of my current plan by 3.5%. I was minded to go somewhere else but see they have a SIM-only 200 minute plan on 30 days notice for £15 which would suit me fine. I don't use a lot of minutes and am happier to buy phones than have them included on plan so I just wondered if anyone knows a better business plan than Orange's ?

I value data more than minutes and minutes more than texts.

Thanks in advance,

Boo

Originally posted by Boo View Post
    Hi,

I just had a letter from Orange saying they are upping the cost of my current plan by 3.5%. I was minded to go somewhere else but see they have a SIM-only 200 minute plan on 30 days notice for £15 which would suit me fine. I don't use a lot of minutes and am happier to buy phones than have them included on plan so I just wondered if anyone knows a better business plan than Orange's ?

Thanks in advance,

Boo
    Orange are also offering a 12 month sim only deal at half price £7.50 - Im going to switch over to that deal as Im happy with my old'ish phone

Comment

I'm currently 12 months into a 24month Orange contract. Once it's over I'm moving to giffgaff

For £15 a month you get:

400 UK minutes
      Unlimited UK texts
      Unlimited Internet
      Free to giffgaff

Or £10 gets you 250minutes...no contract....

Pay As You Go SIM Cards and Deals | giffgaff.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mehmeh View Post
        I'm currently 12 months into a 24month Orange contract. Once it's over I'm moving to giffgaff

For £15 a month you get:...snip...
        Thanks for the reply but if I'm not mistaken that is not on a contract hence not provideable under HMRC's concession ?

Boo

Comment

Thanks for the reply but if I'm not mistaken that is not on a contract hence not provideable under HMRC's concession ?

Boo
          And that 20% of £15 is really important isnt it.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks in advance,

Boo
            currently with vodafone.

600 mins
            unlimited texts
            500mb of data

samsung galaxy phone

£12.99 a month.

Comment

First check which provider gives good enough reception in areas where you plan to use - no point paying less for a plan when you can't use it due to tulip reception.

Comment

Originally posted by Mehmeh View Post

For £15 a month you get:

400 UK minutes
                Unlimited UK texts
                Unlimited Internet
                Free to giffgaff

Or £10 gets you 250minutes...no contract....

Pay As You Go SIM Cards and Deals | giffgaff.com
                Giffgaff does not allow businesses to use their sims though, so would you still be able to claim on expenses? I am currently with Giffgaff (great value for money, btw), but dont claim as the account is in my name, not the Ltd.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  First check which provider gives good enough reception in areas where you plan to use - no point paying less for a plan when you can't use it due to tulip reception.
                  And don't trust their little postcode checkers. Best to get somebody you know with a phone on their network to check the reception in that area.
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by scope View Post
                    Giffgaff does not allow businesses to use their sims though, so would you still be able to claim on expenses? I am currently with Giffgaff (great value for money, btw), but dont claim as the account is in my name, not the Ltd.
                    +1

Comment

Working...
                    X