PDA

View Full Version : Best business mobile phone plan ?

Boo
25th June 2012, 12:32
Hi,

I just had a letter from Orange saying they are upping the cost of my current plan by 3.5%. I was minded to go somewhere else but see they have a SIM-only 200 minute plan on 30 days notice for £15 which would suit me fine. I don't use a lot of minutes and am happier to buy phones than have them included on plan so I just wondered if anyone knows a better business plan than Orange's ?

I value data more than minutes and minutes more than texts.

Thanks in advance,

Boo

FiveTimes
25th June 2012, 12:36
Hi,

I just had a letter from Orange saying they are upping the cost of my current plan by 3.5%. I was minded to go somewhere else but see they have a SIM-only 200 minute plan on 30 days notice for £15 which would suit me fine. I don't use a lot of minutes and am happier to buy phones than have them included on plan so I just wondered if anyone knows a better business plan than Orange's ?

Thanks in advance,

Boo

Orange are also offering a 12 month sim only deal at half price £7.50 - Im going to switch over to that deal as Im happy with my old'ish phone

Mehmeh
25th June 2012, 12:49
I'm currently 12 months into a 24month Orange contract. Once it's over I'm moving to giffgaff

For £15 a month you get:

400 UK minutes
Unlimited UK texts
Unlimited Internet
Free to giffgaff

Or £10 gets you 250minutes...no contract....

Pay As You Go SIM Cards and Deals | giffgaff.com (http://giffgaff.com/index/offer)

Boo
26th June 2012, 12:12
I'm currently 12 months into a 24month Orange contract. Once it's over I'm moving to giffgaff

For £15 a month you get:...snip...

Thanks for the reply but if I'm not mistaken that is not on a contract hence not provideable under HMRC's concession ?

Boo

escapeUK
26th June 2012, 13:35
Thanks for the reply but if I'm not mistaken that is not on a contract hence not provideable under HMRC's concession ?

Boo

And that 20% of £15 is really important isnt it.

moggy
26th June 2012, 14:13
Hi,

Thanks in advance,

Boo

currently with vodafone.

600 mins
unlimited texts
500mb of data

samsung galaxy phone

£12.99 a month.

AtW
26th June 2012, 14:23
First check which provider gives good enough reception in areas where you plan to use - no point paying less for a plan when you can't use it due to tulip reception.

scope
26th June 2012, 14:48

For £15 a month you get:

400 UK minutes
Unlimited UK texts
Unlimited Internet
Free to giffgaff

Or £10 gets you 250minutes...no contract....

Pay As You Go SIM Cards and Deals | giffgaff.com (http://giffgaff.com/index/offer)

Giffgaff does not allow businesses to use their sims though, so would you still be able to claim on expenses? I am currently with Giffgaff (great value for money, btw), but dont claim as the account is in my name, not the Ltd.

BoredBloke
26th June 2012, 15:12
First check which provider gives good enough reception in areas where you plan to use - no point paying less for a plan when you can't use it due to tulip reception.

And don't trust their little postcode checkers. Best to get somebody you know with a phone on their network to check the reception in that area.

Liamxtype
26th June 2012, 15:59
Giffgaff does not allow businesses to use their sims though, so would you still be able to claim on expenses? I am currently with Giffgaff (great value for money, btw), but dont claim as the account is in my name, not the Ltd.

+1