• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Places to Stay in Manchester

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Places to Stay in Manchester

Got 2 tickets to see GB vs Senegal at Old Trafford.

It's a long trek up there for me so will have to spend the night. Anyone recommend somewhere nice to stay - boutique hotel or something along those lines? Doesn't have to be in Manchester - could be somewhere a few miles out. Excuse my ignorance but I'm mid 40s & have never been to Manchester in my entire life
    Last edited by wurzel; 25 June 2012, 14:29.

Originally posted by wurzel View Post

It's a long trek up there for me so will have to spend a night up there. Anyone recommend somewhere nice to stay - boutique hotel or something along those lines? Doesn't have to be in Manchester - could be somewhere a few miles out. Excuse my ignorance but I'm mid 40s & have never been to Manchester in my entire life

No help from me I'm afraid

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post

No help from me I'm afraid
      Cheers

Comment

the vast majority of the hotels in and around the city centre are 'ok'

you could stay further out - but that will widen the search greatly their are literally thousands of hotels within 1 hours train journey from Manc

any ideas at all where you are wanting to stay? or is there anything else you are wanting to do except watch the footy?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          the vast majority of the hotels in and around the city centre are 'ok'

you could stay further out - but that will widen the search greatly their are literally thousands of hotels within 1 hours train journey from Manc

any ideas at all where you are wanting to stay? or is there anything else you are wanting to do except watch the footy?
          Match will finish around 10 pm so it needs to be within 1/2 hour drive of the ground really.

Will probably spend the next day checking out what the city has to offer before driving back home.

Comment

It's a long trek up there for me so will have to spend the night. Anyone recommend somewhere nice to stay - boutique hotel or something along those lines? Doesn't have to be in Manchester - could be somewhere a few miles out. Excuse my ignorance but I'm mid 40s & have never been to Manchester in my entire life
            Dangerous place Manchester. If I was you I'd check this documentary out first before heading up.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

lol MF thats not a documentary!!!!!

Wurzel - do yourself a favour - do not drive! - or if you do do not park near the ground.

Old Trafford has it's own Train station/tram stop - so park elsewhere and get public transport to the venue...

and from what you are saying try a city centre hotel.

Comment

Cheers
                Now I have managed to calm down....

- Hilton on Deansgate (the really tall building)?
                - De Vere in Cheadle (there are two of them)
                - Ramada in Salford Quays

I think this is where you want to stay though:
                Knutsford Cheshire Luxury Hotels | The Mere Golf Resort & Spa | Hotels in Manchester Area

Have a look at Salford Quays hotels - some nice walks there and a few decent hotels. (walking distance to OTCG)
                Last edited by NorthWestPerm2Contr; 25 June 2012, 15:01.

Comment

You want a boutique hotel? Can't beat Didsbury House. Being in Didsbury there is a great cafe culture as well, great food in walking distance. The hotel itself is fantastic, stayed there a number of times.

They have another hotel nearby and one in the city which I haven't been to yet. The one in the link before comes very highly recommended...

didsbury house **** | A small luxury town house hotel - Didsbury House - Eclectic Hotels Manchester
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    lol MF thats not a documentary!!!!!

Wurzel - do yourself a favour - do not drive! - or if you do do not park near the ground.

Old Trafford has it's own Train station/tram stop - so park elsewhere and get public transport to the venue...

and from what you are saying try a city centre hotel.
                    Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                    Now I have managed to calm down....

- Hilton on Deansgate (the really tall building)?
                    - De Vere in Cheadle (there are two of them)
                    - Ramada in Salford Quays

I think this is where you want to stay though:
                    Knutsford Cheshire Luxury Hotels | The Mere Golf Resort & Spa | Hotels in Manchester Area

Have a look at Salford Quays hotels - some nice walks there and a few decent hotels. (walking distance to OTCG)
                    You want a boutique hotel? Can't beat Didsbury House. Being in Didsbury there is a great cafe culture as well, great food in walking distance. The hotel itself is fantastic, stayed there a number of times.

They have another hotel nearby and one in the city which I haven't been to yet. The one in the link before comes very highly recommended...
                    A few things to check out there. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X