• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cats Eyes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cats Eyes

We had the last 2kg of our 1/4 cow last night. A great big roast of silverside, absolutely perfect.

Anyways, when there is so much, I always chuck a scraggy bit, or a fatty bit to the moggies, and today was a perfect day for sitting in the garden and having a beer.
    So I lobbed a chunk onto the grass and the four of them start sniffing around. They can smell it but they cant see it. I can see it but I cant smell it.
    One of them crosses the lawn, swinging her head from side to side, homing in. Then bang!, she sees it from 6 inches away and pounces, and all the others join in.

Later on, her head flicks around. Amongst the swaying grass, leaves and branches was a bumble bee, 20 ft away. I hadnt seen it, but she had.

Seems that if it's not moving, they are almost blind, and if its moving amongst other moving things, they can pick it out.

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

Seems that if it's not moving, they are almost blind, and if its moving amongst other moving things, they can pick it out.

Two guys on a photo safari in South Africa far from their vehicle or shelter with no means of protection. All of a sudden they realise that a lioness has crept up behind them unexpectedly and that they are in grave danger of being attacked. One of them immediately bends down, whips off his safari boots and dons his trainers. The other says to him "Are you crazy? That's just a waste of time - you'll never outrun a lion." The other replies "I don't have to outrun the lion, I only have to outrun you...."

What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
    X