• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vintage Aerial Photography of Britain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vintage Aerial Photography of Britain

Some fascinating pics here

Some of them are even older than yours truly

My house has been around for 300 years, no pics.

Fail.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
      Some fascinating pics here

Some of them are even older than yours truly
      I was going to check this out until you posted it and made it uncool.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
        My house has been around for 300 years, no pics.

Fail.
        They don't have the full archive online yet. In fact, they reckon it'll take them several years, there's so much of it. Give it time, it might show up

One thing I noticed last night is that the map search is a bit borken: for example, zooming in on Liverpool and searching will just give a "Sorry, nothing yet" message. However, typing the place name ("Liverpool", for those with brief attention spans) into the Gazeteer box will give loads of results. Also, places that did give results via the map search (mainly in the Home Counties, unsurprisingly enough) gave additional results via Gazeteer search.

Play with it - it's good fun, and you may even find your place in the "Nobody knows where the hell this is" gallery

Comment

Working...
        X