• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wife caught a couple of youths trying our car door handle.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wife caught a couple of youths trying our car door handle.

Went out and told them to leave the car alone.

I told her to ring the local police as I am sure our car wouldn't be the only target.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

You seriously need to move.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post

I told her to ring the local police as I am sure our car wouldn't be the only target.
      Where do you live?

Comment

Tottenham, been here 2.5 years and not had any issues until the burglary recently, bar a smashed passenger side window abdout a week afte we moved in and they caught him on DNA evidence from blood in the car, shame it wasn't his wrist.

Would have been ideal if the cctv had already been up. But hey.
        Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Trying for an unlocked car is hardly serious crime. A bet those 'youths' were private-school-kids wearing blazers
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Tottenham, been here 2.5 years and not had any issues until the burglary recently, bar a smashed passenger side window abdout a week afte we moved in and they caught him on DNA evidence from blood in the car, shame it wasn't his wrist.

Would have been ideal if the cctv had already been up. But hey.
            As someone who works at a place that has cctv and often has to review footage I can tell you its pretty useless. They cover their heads, have caps, hoodies up. Can spot the cameras and look away from them. It doesnt seem to even have deterrent value.

Comment

Great story, why don't you ring the CSI writers with that one?

Comment

Sounds like they're just going to keep coming back. Have you tried using a baseball bat on one of them yet?
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Maybe get one of those South African cars where the doors are electrified? Or can spit flame at the touch of a button?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    WNLS
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                    X