PDA

View Full Version : Wife caught a couple of youths trying our car door handle.

Scrag Meister
26th June 2012, 10:34
Went out and told them to leave the car alone.

I told her to ring the local police as I am sure our car wouldn't be the only target. :mad

northernladuk
26th June 2012, 10:39
You seriously need to move.

NorthWestPerm2Contr
26th June 2012, 10:40

I told her to ring the local police as I am sure our car wouldn't be the only target. :mad

Where do you live?

Scrag Meister
26th June 2012, 10:46
Tottenham, been here 2.5 years and not had any issues until the burglary recently, bar a smashed passenger side window abdout a week afte we moved in and they caught him on DNA evidence from blood in the car, shame it wasn't his wrist.

Would have been ideal if the cctv had already been up. :D But hey.

d000hg
26th June 2012, 10:50
You seriously need to move.Trying for an unlocked car is hardly serious crime. A bet those 'youths' were private-school-kids wearing blazers :)

escapeUK
26th June 2012, 11:38
Tottenham, been here 2.5 years and not had any issues until the burglary recently, bar a smashed passenger side window abdout a week afte we moved in and they caught him on DNA evidence from blood in the car, shame it wasn't his wrist.

Would have been ideal if the cctv had already been up. :D But hey.

As someone who works at a place that has cctv and often has to review footage I can tell you its pretty useless. They cover their heads, have caps, hoodies up. Can spot the cameras and look away from them. It doesnt seem to even have deterrent value.

russell
26th June 2012, 11:42

Great story, why don't you ring the CSI writers with that one?

MarillionFan
26th June 2012, 11:45
Sounds like they're just going to keep coming back. Have you tried using a baseball bat on one of them yet?

BrilloPad
26th June 2012, 11:47

Maybe get one of those South African cars where the doors are electrified? Or can spit flame at the touch of a button?

norrahe
26th June 2012, 12:01

WNLS

doodab
26th June 2012, 13:53
Trying for an unlocked car is hardly serious crime. A bet those 'youths' were private-school-kids wearing blazers :)

Probably not in Tottenham.

WNLS.

AtW
26th June 2012, 13:57
Tottenham

Don't forget the riots...

Scrag Meister
26th June 2012, 14:39
Now that 3 of you have told me to leave I have put the house up for sale.

NOT!! :D

Mich the Tester
26th June 2012, 14:50
Probably not in Tottenham.

Forest School: Boys' School, Girls' School, Prep School and Sixth Form - Forest School (http://www.forest.org.uk/)

norrahe
26th June 2012, 15:25

There's another good reason.....

You live in Tottenham!

BrilloPad
26th June 2012, 15:34

I think you should start a thread with a poll. Make sure you have a witty AndyW option.....

d000hg
26th June 2012, 15:49
Forest School: Boys' School, Girls' School, Prep School and Sixth Form - Forest School (http://www.forest.org.uk/)Did you have that bookmarked?

Olly
26th June 2012, 21:01
Forest School: Boys' School, Girls' School, Prep School and Sixth Form - Forest School (http://www.forest.org.uk/)

Oi I was a boarder there......recall getting expelled :music:

Was suspended at 12 for trying to shoot the school bell with a catapult. Pip pip wot wot :talk:

alluvial
26th June 2012, 21:58

Was suspended at 12 for trying to shoot the school bell with a catapult. Pip pip wot wot :talk:

Bit of a bummer to be expelled for only trying and not actually hitting it...

:igmc:

Mich the Tester
27th June 2012, 06:22

:yay: another crap public school expellee!

doodab
27th June 2012, 07:27

That isn't in Tottenham Mich.

Mich the Tester
27th June 2012, 07:47
That isn't in Tottenham Mich.

It's wot google returned for 'private school tottenham', so it's in Tottenham. So there; na na na, tell google they're wrong.

You might be right.

norrahe
27th June 2012, 10:21
It's wot google returned for 'private school tottenham', so it's in Tottenham. So there; na na na, tell google they're wrong.

You might be right.

It's in Walthamstow.