• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just fixed the sofa

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just fixed the sofa

Had the sofa, a great big leather thing for years. Been great, easy to clean and with three kids that is important.
    Thing is the big lunk of an 18 year old has a habit of just jumping onto it and eventually something went.
    Had it upside down and a big lump of cheap tulipe wood had broken off. Missus wants to buy a new one but I'm not up for that until I get off of the bench so I've done a bit of a Heath Robinson and screwed huge lumps of oak across the thing to sort of fix it.
    Bit uncomfortable now and I've admitted that we do need to replace it.
    However, I'm leaving it until big lunk takes another flying leap onto it and breaks his coccyx on the kick-ass bits of oak I've installed. That'll teach him for breaking it in the first place, having a hissy fit on the kitchen cupboards, breaking the very expensive wireworks, the several expensive portmeirion plates he's broken and for constantly leaving the bleeding freezer door ajar that means I have to de-ice the fecker again.

I did have a couple of 2" nails poking up as well but the wife made me take them out.

Ours was bust too, turned it upside down and removed the cover to expose the innards... it had cushions supported by a simple lattice of straps and a couple had snapped. Got a hunk of rope and tied it back together, a few weeks in still going strong.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Nobody gives a tulip about sofas on here, believe me ...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Nobody gives a tulip about sofas on here...
        i do.

Comment

Me to, I love my sofa's Marks and Spencers fine leather x 2, finest turkish leather had them 8 years, superb

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Abbey...elated-items-3

Comment

Nobody gives a tulip about sofas on here, believe me ...
            Agreed, I mean, just order one online, should be there the next day.
            Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

My wife usually changes ours about every three years, but seems to have stuck with this leather suit for 5 years now!
              Hadn't thought of it until I read this thread.
              It is very comfortable mind and still looks like new (Should do for what she/I paid for it).
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                My wife usually changes ours about every three years
                I change wife every 3 years.

DimPrawn

Comment

DimPrawn
                  because the vinyl starts to break down and they leak
                  Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

DimPrawn
                    I change my sheets every 3 years

AtW
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X