• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Paxman was bit of a bully tonight

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paxman was bit of a bully tonight

He seemed to have it in Chloe Smith. I prefer it when he bullies men, Labour and Johnny Foreigner.

I don't know anything about her, but even if she was only told about the latest government U turn today, is that her fault? Is it grounds for a bruising? Guilt by association. Of course she dodged answering that question about a zillion times.

Paxman appeared to be trying to give the impression that she is incompetent, maybe he knows more about her than he let on.

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    He seemed to have it in Chloe Smith. I prefer it when he bullies men, Labour and Johnny Foreigner.

I don't know anything about her, but even if she was only told about the latest government U turn today, is that her fault? Is it grounds for a bruising? Guilt by association. Of course she dodged answering that question about a zillion times.

Paxman appeared to be trying to give the impression that she is incompetent, maybe he knows more about her than he let on.
    To be honest I thought he was letting her off lightly. She was pretty hopeless and left herself open to some typical Paxman attacks.

Comment

Bit of a grilling wasn't it. On a par with the treatment Michael Howard got a few years ago over the prison crisis of that time.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
        Bit of a grilling wasn't it. On a par with the treatment Michael Howard got a few years ago over the prison crisis of that time.
        I thought he was trying to make her cry.

Comment

Way da go Jezza!!

He seemed to have it in Chloe Smith.
          Phoarrrrgh!!

Eh?

Eh?
          The vegetarian option.

Comment

Nah, he's a pussycat.

I do hate the way politicians are trained to just repeat the same answer over and over again. An answer which of course is not actually an answer. There must be a training school for this.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post

She represents the government so should get a grilling. Perhaps Gideon should have faced the music.

Comment

she was Sky News last night as well. Pretty damn hopeless really. She rolled out the line that they were rolling back the Labour 3p increase. LOL.

But surely this duty thing is working back to front right now. Wasn't it in place to add a inflationary increase to fuel which used to be fairly static in price..but fuel has been going up way beyond any inflationary increase to the point that fuel is itself causing inflation.
                McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Paxman shown himself as a coward when "grilling" Bliar.

Comment

It appears the chancellor was busy at a party.

Comment

Working...
                    X