• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Globalgold

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Globalgold

Global Gold: Why Global Gold?

They are Swiss.

They are not a bank - so not part of the system, which may offer a slighty better level of safety when the next round of property confiscation is announced by the bankrupt US/UK/EU governments.

Seems better than Bullionvault and Goldmoney in this respect.

Gold pays no dividends, so where is the intrinsic value in it?

Also they keep digging it up, so its increase in quantity on the markets reduces its value just as money printing does (albeit to a lesser of an extent).

Comment

Let's keep the pros and cons of gold out of this discussion.

Comment

Yup absolutely lets not overdo the doom thing. No harm in spreading your assets, and I wouldn't necessarily exclude Euro stuff in there. I actually have Greek shares, because they offer excellent value, I mean 10% dividends.

Which investor said it? Be greedy when everyone's scared.

I reckon Gold is popular now so a gold investment probably won't be very good, but eventually however dire it might look now, things could well look a lot better in one years time......and shares are still well up on 2008. So the recovery is still in place.

He who dares
        Last edited by BlasterBates; 27 June 2012, 13:04.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Unless you actually get physical gold in your hands then it's just swapping some paper money for other less liquid paper money (not even paper - digital entry in account that can disappear overnight).

Buy guns, fuel, canned food - in that order and you'll be ready for what's coming...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Unless you actually get physical gold in your hands then it's just swapping some paper money for other less liquid paper money (not even paper - digital entry in account that can disappear overnight).

Buy guns, fuel, canned food - in that order and you'll be ready for what's coming...
            WHS

It's the gold per person which is the true ratio. More people want more gold.

I recommend tinned gold. Baked beans!!

Buy then now and store them in your nuclear bunker. They will be the only currency on earth once the gold eating aliens arrive. You heard it here first.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by bf2 View Post
              Let's keep the pros and cons of gold out of this discussion.
              I can smell feet.

Comment

Working...
              X