• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Google Nexus Pad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Nexus Pad

Will be announced today and on sale by early July, I can't see it being the rumoured £130 but who knows?

Anyone other than me excited by this?
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Will be announced today and on sale by early July, I can't see it being the rumoured £130 but who knows?

Nope.

I'm happy with my RaspberryPi

Comment

Apart from the screen size will it be much more powerful than a HTC One X or Galaxy 3. I'm not a computer geek sorry, will I now be banished?

Comment

My first thought was 'I'll have that'.

Then 'I'd better check what the apps are like for it'.

And after some searching for specific productivity apps, I'm less keen.

Can anyone recommend an Android app (similar to the iOS Pear Note) that takes a recording of a meeting, and allows you to make notes that are timestamped in the recording?

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
          My first thought was 'I'll have that'.

Then 'I'd better check what the apps are like for it'.

And after some searching for specific productivity apps, I'm less keen.

Can anyone recommend an Android app (similar to the iOS Pear Note) that takes a recording of a meeting, and allows you to make notes that are timestamped in the recording?
          Did know that app. looks well worth the £3 it will cost.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Just ordered a 16gb for £209 delivered, it does everything I want which has nothing to do with productivity.

I love Google™
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Did know that app. looks well worth the £3 it will cost.
              Aye, it's brilliant. Just avoid the temptation to quote *exactly* what the idiot product owner said in the last meeting, while looking smug.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post

No extrenal storage option, cloud land or nothing. Not yet. Stick an external micro SD slot in it and then it's a runner

Comment

Does it run windows 8?

Comment

Originally posted by kmge View Post
                    No extrenal storage option, cloud land or nothing. Not yet. Stick an external micro SD slot in it and then it's a runner
                    Why can't you use cloud storage? SD is old hat as hardly any new devices are launching with a slot.

Comment

Working...
                    X