• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

indecisiveness

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

indecisiveness

Samsung Galaxy S3 or a HTC One X?

or

A cheaper mobile then get a tablet later on?

or get the top end phone and get the tablet anyway

or wait for one of these to come out with a better spec

ASUS - Mobile- ASUS PadFone
    Coffee's for closers

S3 and a Nexus pad for me.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Wait for S4 - it will be a LOT better.

Comment

I just got the S3 this week. They guy that sits next to me has the HTC One X. Apart from the colour, One X white, S3 blue, they look remarkably similar. Both eye poping HD screens, super fast and the like. I followed the crowd like a sheep, he took a chance and got his 3 weeks earlier at £5 cheaper a month and some other extras thrown in. My providor wouldn't budge.

Kinda think he might have done the right thing. Everyone oooo's over the S3 because they have all heard of it but once that dies down I am sure the £5 + benefits would have been nice.

Saw a review comparing them along the lines of 'What's the difference' rather than a side by side spec check. Ended up saying both fantastic and the difference is akin to comaring differences of a Ferrari and Maclaren F1 cars by a guy that only needs a Mondeo.

They are very big phones. Not everyone likes that.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          Samsung Galaxy S3 or a HTC One X?

or

A cheaper mobile then get a tablet later on?

or get the top end phone and get the tablet anyway

Your a contractor/business man

Get a Blackberry as your main phone then get some other phone as a gadgety one. I have BB 9900 as my main phone - all emails, texts, calls go through that. I have an iPhone 4s purely for fun - browsing, apps, games, FreeAgentCentral app for expenses, movies, camera etc.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post

Get a Blackberry as your main phone then get some other phone as a gadgety one. I have BB 9900 as my main phone - all emails, texts, calls go through that. I have an iPhone 4s purely for fun - browsing, apps, games, FreeAgentCentral app for expenses, movies, camera etc.
            Phew, at least there is a contract you have that you might see to the end.....

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Phew, at least there is a contract you have that you might see to the end.....

Not gonna repeat it again. This time next year we will see who is right!

Oh and I tried to terminate my Orange contract half way through once, but realised it would cost more than it is worth!

Comment

Not gonna repeat it again. This time next year we will see who is right!

Oh and I tried to terminate my Orange contract half way through once, but realised it would cost more than it is worth!
                And therein is a valuable lesson for you.... it's always great when the sun is shining.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post

Didn't Motorola experiment with the Atrix so it was a phone and a tablet/netbook and it was a disaster?!
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Or just get a proper phone in the first place and forget about the Blackberry.

I had a play around with a colleague's S3 last week, the screen is amazing and it's lightning quick but as mentioned, it's a big phone. I think I could just about deal with the size but you should check it out in your hand first.

Comment

Working...
                    X