• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK Lingo

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CUK Lingo

Is there a thread or post of the lingo used on this forum?

Being a new member, i have trouble understanding a lot of the teminology, off the top of my head...

- BOB
    - Tulip
    - IANAA
    - IANAL

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post

Being a new member, i have trouble understanding a lot of the teminology, off the top of my head...

- BOB
    - Tulip
    - IANAA
    - I<3ANAL
    KUATB
    Last edited by SimonMac; 27 June 2012, 14:39.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by ketchup View Post
      is there a thread or post of the lingo used on this forum?

- bob
      - tulip
      - ianaa
      - ianal
      FOAD

HTH

BIDI

sdsdfdkgdndklfdfklnm
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

- BOB
        - Tulip
        - IANAA
        - IANAL
        WGAS
        Insert Witty Signature Here

Comment

- BOB
          - Tulip
          - IANAA
          - IANAL
          Bob is an Indian software developer, well known for 'much quickness, plenty cheapness'. In reality, when we say 'Bob' we don't usually mean individual Indian people, who are sometimes very competent and sometimes not, rather like the rest of the world. What we generally mean is the Indian software industry, which seems to be run by people who are even more stupid than European managers. Try googling 'Bob Shawadiwadi' for some background information.

Tulip; well, that's the swear filter. It means excrement, but in a short Anglo Saxon word.

The others; I'll leve that to the congregation.

PS, have you tried bleeding the radiators?
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            Bob is an Indian software developer, well known for 'much quickness, plenty cheapness'. In reality, when we say 'Bob' we don't usually mean individual Indian people, who are sometimes very competent and sometimes not, rather like the rest of the world. What we generally mean is the Indian software industry, which seems to be run by people who are even more stupid than European managers.

Tulip; well, that's the swear filter. It means excrement, but in a short Anglo Saxon word.

The others; I'll leve that to the congregation.

PS, have you tried bleeding the radiators?
            Is that because you don't know yourself? Took me ages to work out some of them without wanting to ask

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              FOAD

HTH

BIDI

sdsdfdkgdndklfdfklnm
              OWO
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                Is that because you don't know yourself? Took me ages to work out some of them without wanting to ask
                IDKEBINSG
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  IDKEBINSG
                  DILLIGAF

Comment

- BOB
                    - Tulip
                    - IANAA
                    - IANAL

This may help with some things. Urban Dictionary

Bob -> Bob Shawadiwadi

HTH (Hope That Helps)
                    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Working...
                    X