• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What, no semi-final thread?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What, no semi-final thread?

Still hurting?

Top game of football.
    Me, me, me...

What semi-final?

Comment

2nd half has been a bit average tbf.

Interestingly poised though.

Comment

Like watching technically proficient paint dry. Now its gone on to extra time which means another late night
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Spain were a different team in extra time. It's gone to penalties though.

Comment

Spain to win the pens.

Comment

I thought it was quite entertaining, bar the 2nd half of normal time. Portugal set themselves up well and with a bit more luck / less profligacy could have caused an upset, though there was something inevitable about the way the Spaniards ground them down and started running riot towards the end of extra time.

I can't see the Italians overcoming the Germans (although most of my predictions have been wrong so far ) so I reckon we are in for a rematch of the world cup semi final. That will be too close to call.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Most of the Germans I know thought Portugal were much better and wanted them to win, personally I thought the game was a bit boring (nearly as boring as England) and rather a lot of play acting. This evening should be a cracker though (the best game of the World Cup was for 3rd and 4th place with Germany - Uruguay) and with the weather at 27-29 degrees, the beer gardens will be full and if Germany win, so will the women...
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

My English colleague at work here in London (the one who says he is European rather than British) keeps accidentally saying "we" when talking about the German team.

Along with all his pro-common currency and pro EU integration musings, I'm beginning to wonder if he is related to PooperScoop.

Or even if he IS PooperScoop!

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    Like watching technically proficient paint dry. Now its gone on to extra time which means another late night
                    +1

All very pretty, but no cutting edge.

Was it 1 shot on target in 90 minutes?

one day at a time

Comment

Working...
                    X