• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Joke of the day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joke of the day

"Tony Blair: I pay full income tax in Britain"

"In January, The Sunday Telegraph disclosed that a company established by the former Labour Prime Minister to manage his business affairs had paid just £315,000 in tax on a turnover of more than £12 million over the previous year.

The tax was paid at the corporate tax rate of 28 per cent. There is no suggestion that Mr Blair’s tax affairs are in any way illegal.

Mr Blair, who left Downing Street five years ago, spends around half the year travelling overseas and has set up a number of charitable foundations as well as a consultancy.

However, in a newspaper interview yesterday, Mr Blair insisted he remained a UK taxpayer. “I pay 50 per cent tax on all my earnings,” he told the London Evening Standard."

Tony Blair: I pay full income tax in Britain - Telegraph

This opened up on my netbook as

Joke of the day
    AtW

Seemed remarkably like yesterday's joke of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      "Tony Blair: I pay full income tax in Britain"

"In January, The Sunday Telegraph disclosed that a company established by the former Labour Prime Minister to manage his business affairs had paid just £315,000 in tax on a turnover of more than £12 million over the previous year.

The tax was paid at the corporate tax rate of 28 per cent. There is no suggestion that Mr Blair’s tax affairs are in any way illegal.

Mr Blair, who left Downing Street five years ago, spends around half the year travelling overseas and has set up a number of charitable foundations as well as a consultancy.

However, in a newspaper interview yesterday, Mr Blair insisted he remained a UK taxpayer. “I pay 50 per cent tax on all my earnings,” he told the London Evening Standard."

Tony Blair: I pay full income tax in Britain - Telegraph

Oh tulip we have to pay corp tax on our turn over rather than just on our profit now!!!!
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

"Earnings" is a bit of joke word too. Why would anyone want to listen to him speak, let alone pay?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          "Earnings" is a bit of joke word too. Why would anyone want to listen to him speak, let alone pay?

They don't want to listen to him. It's just a way of paying him for what favours were done while prime minister . If he was just handed a bundle of money without doing anything people might wrongly think it was bribery and corruption. That sort of thing does not exist in the UK...
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
          X