• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Daytime TV adverts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daytime TV adverts

So I work from home and sometimes have the telly on in the background for some company...

Adverts are non-stop car insurance (irritatingly jolly) and injury lawyers (irritatingly sombre)

It's like there's a 5 minute break from adverts every now and again for a short interlude of content.

Aren't they still doing PPI claim ones?

Comment

Don't forget the short term loan ones at 1000000% APR.
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

So what have they made you buy ?

P.S. Radio 6 here

Comment

Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
          P.S. Radio 6 here
          Aye, R6 or R4 here, depending on mood.

Back in the 90s when I was working from home there were some good local radio stations. I then made the mistake of moving 100 miles where the local commercial radio was crap. That was the start of the "We'll sue on your behalf" onslaught and it did me head in back then.

Virgin Radio was stilled linked with the record label back then, so that was non-stop U-blurry-2. I have hated the gits ever since.

My CD collection got a huge boost in that period.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
            So I work from home and sometimes have the telly on in the background for some company...

Adverts are non-stop car insurance (irritatingly jolly) and injury lawyers (irritatingly sombre)

It's like there's a 5 minute break from adverts every now and again for a short interlude of content.

Don't forget the meerkats
            Simples!

Comment

LBC here - radio to shout at!
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by AleksandrMeerkat View Post

Oh yes, I unmute the adverts for them.

But those are the only ads I listen to, and I don't recall what they are trying to flog - Something to do with car insurance perhaps?
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by AleksandrMeerkat View Post
                  How could I forget you when you're on the telly every 10 minutes ?!

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                    Try "Absolute Radio"

hth
                    one day at a time

Comment

Working...
                    X