• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mortgage rates

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mortgage rates

Looking to switch providers as my rate is a bit high, will be 70% LTV, ideally would like a offset or way overpaying, but rate is more important. Currently with One Account

Originally posted by russell View Post
    Looking to switch providers as my rate is a bit high, will be 70% LTV, ideally would like a offset or way overpaying, but rate is more important. Currently with One Account
    What is this 'mortgage' you speak of Captain Kirk?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Mortgage and you Call yourself a contractor?

If you are on the one account's 4% I actually doubt you'll get much better. First direct would be the same.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        What is this 'mortgage' you speak of Captain Kirk?
        Looks like the best rate is around 3% considering the base rate is so low why the hell can't I get a 2% mortgage.

Comment

Looks like the best rate is around 3% considering the base rate is so low why the hell can't I get a 2% mortgage.
          I have a 0.98% mortgage. In fact, I'd pretty much paid mine off, but decided to buy some BTL as I could borrow so low. Boomed.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            I have a 0.98% mortgage. In fact, I'd pretty much paid mine off, but decided to buy some BTL as I could borrow so low. Boomed.
            How did you manage to continue your mortgage rate to finance your BTL? Didn't they insist on a new mortgage?
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

I think I'm on the same deal with Santander. We have been overpaying ours by twice the monthly amount for a while. once I get it down to about 50k I'll use the cheap money it gives me to give a hefty deposit on a buy to let down here..

Not sure if you are allowed to run a buy to let that you will be letting to your other company - Me!
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                How did you manage to continue your mortgage rate to finance your BTL? Didn't they insist on a new mortgage?
                Offset. I just took the money out of the offset account & bought a house for cash.

Then all the rest I've tied up in ISAs & Bonds at a higher interest rate.

Comment

Working...
                X