• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gadget

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gadget

I was going to get myself an iPad, but I had a look at them and although they are a bit more solid and have a great screen the keyboard dock, microSD slot and 32GB vs 16GB for the same price swung me in favour of the Asus Transformer (TF300), along with the fact that it's android so basically the same apps as I already have on my phone.

So far I'm impressed, the keyboard basically turns it into a miniature laptop and I just discovered it has an extra full size SD slot in there as well so you can really go town on the extra storage. I'd actually go so far as to say that for a lot of stuff it could replace a "proper" laptop (as long as you don't do a *lot* of typing)
    Last edited by doodab; 30 June 2012, 14:06.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I was going to get myself an iPad, but I had a look at them and although they are a bit more solid and have a great screen the keyboard dock, microSD slot and 32GB vs 16GB for the same price swung me in favour of the Asus Transformer (TF300), along with the fact that it's android so basically the same apps as I already have on my phone.

So far I'm impressed, the keyboard basically turns it into a miniature laptop and I just discovered it has an extra full size SD slot in there as well so you can really go town on the extra storage. I'd actually go so far as to say that for a lot of stuff it could replace a "proper" laptop (as long as you don't do a *lot* of typing)
    I'm waiting for the Infinity version to come out

I did have the prime but the wifi wasn't up to scratch

There's a few threads about them in Technical
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      I'm waiting for the Infinity version to come out
      Didn't know about that, perhaps I'll pick one of those up and give this one to ms doodab for christmas.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        Didn't know about that, perhaps I'll pick one of those up and give this one to ms doodab for christmas.
        only real difference is an aluminium body, gorilla glass and the IPS screen

but then there is also the PadFone which should be out in a couple of months

ASUS PadFone review -- Engadget
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
        X