• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SC Check status

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SC Check status

Hi all,

My application status for Security Clearance is 'Complete', but the grunt squad's website doesn't specify whether it was successful or not. Anyone know whether 'Complete' is the NSV's way of saying, "You are cleared" or can I take it literally and assume that the lack of a sign of failure is NOT a sign of success? Or perhaps they are deliberately understating the matter and I've failed dismally?

The lack of info in the NSV status is pretty useless either way.

I received a letter (snail mail) when mine had been (successfully) completed.

This was Jan this year.

Comment

Originally posted by JaybeeInCUK View Post
      Hi all,

My application status for Security Clearance is 'Complete', but the grunt squad's website doesn't specify whether it was successful or not. Anyone know whether 'Complete' is the NSV's way of saying, "You are cleared" or can I take it literally and assume that the lack of a sign of failure is NOT a sign of success? Or perhaps they are deliberately understating the matter and I've failed dismally?

It means they've done the checks. Whether or not the local SSO passes you is another question. They will let you know in time.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Hi all,

It means they've done the checks. Whether or not the local SSO passes you is another question. They will let you know in time.

Think positive - it tookl a month between mine being completed and the security team telling me last time....
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by adubya View Post
          I received a letter (snail mail) when mine had been (successfully) completed.

This was Jan this year.
          WHS.

Don't forget to follow the instructions in the letter, specifically points "9 & 10".

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
            WHS.

Don't forget to follow the instructions in the letter, specifically points "9 & 10".
            What instructions?

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
              WHS

9. Eat letter after reading.

10. Under penalty of death never mention any content from the letter.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                WHS

9. Eat letter after reading.

10. Under penalty of death never mention any content from the letter.
                It must of changed. it used to be

9) don't discuss whether you are or are not security cleared.

10) clearance is automatically terminated if you fail to follow 9.

Oh dear.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

What instructions?
                  9) Pass the enclosed copy to your line manager.

10) Inform your Personnel Department that you have been granted clearance but not at what level.

Comment

Probably a stupid question and I could Google it but what do they actually check for Security Clearance?
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                    X