• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do part time (3 days per week) contracting roles exist?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do part time (3 days per week) contracting roles exist?

Hi Guys,

I am looking for a IT contracting role which is 3 days per week (business analysis, requirements, process, project management, digital, etc.) - the other days of the week I will be working on my own tech startup.

Will I be able to find a role like this?

Opinions please!

Thanks,
    Notting

Originally posted by notting View Post
    Hi Guys,

I am looking for a IT contracting role which is 3 days per week (business analysis, requirements, process, project management, digital, etc.) - the other days of the week I will be working on my own tech startup.

Opinions please!

Thanks,
    Notting

No

Comment

Hi Guys,

Opinions please!

Thanks,
      Notting
      Rare.

HTH

one day at a time

Comment

Hi Guys,

Opinions please!

Thanks,
        Notting
        Yes, although mostly within smaller consultancies

Comment

I'm doing two part-time roles right now. But both were set up through personal connections - people wanted my time and I told them I could only spare X hours/days a week.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I have only ever seen this once. A very very clever lady got 4 days a week at UBS. She was the spitting image of miss piggy.

Very best of luck!

Comment

Hi Guys,

Opinions please!

Thanks,
              Notting
              Most people in a role like this, have been with the client before. So now is the time you will be glad you didn't burn any bridges, jump contracts etc. contact you old clients and ask if they have something.

If you are new to contracting, very little chance, do you feel lucky?
              Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

That's basically the only contracts I'll do. I try to get 2-3 days a week (will take 4 if I really like it) and do other projects on the side or sit in the Biergarten.
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
                  Most people in a role like this, have been with the client before. So now is the time you will be glad you didn't burn any bridges, jump contracts etc. contact you old clients and ask if they have something.

If you are new to contracting, very little chance, do you feel lucky?
                  WSS.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    I'm doing two part-time roles right now. But both were set up through personal connections - people wanted my time and I told them I could only spare X hours/days a week.
                    That's what I do.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X