• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sign on you crazy Diamond

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sign on you crazy Diamond

Don't let the door slam you on the arse on the way out.

Bob Diamond - the latest in the long line of banking's scapegoats.

Diamond by name...
    Last edited by SupremeSpod; 3 July 2012, 07:21.

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post

Diamond by name...
    it's starting to look like we will see some of these people in the dock. I wonder if any of the previous govt will end up there too. Cameron seems to have the knives out for Ed Balls

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      it's starting to look like we will see some of these people in the dock. I wonder if any of the previous govt will end up there too. Cameron seems to have the knives out for Ed Balls

Ed Balls worked on Brown's first budget. The one that destroyed private sector pensions.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post

Diamond by name...
        I expect his job will be outsourced to India.

Comment

Mods, can we get the thread title changed to "Sign on you crazy Diamond"?
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Is this a rescue for Radbrooke?

From what I hear Bob Diamond is behind the moving a lot of IT function away from Radbooke over to what was their Investment Banking IT team.
            Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Originally posted by portseven View Post
              Is this a rescue for Radbrooke?

From what I hear Bob Diamond is behind the moving a lot of IT function away from Radbooke over to what was their Investment Banking IT team.
              Will hopefully be there in a few weeks, currently asking some colleagues what the atmosphere is like.

Comment

Am I the only one upset Bob has gone?

I felt with him at the helm Barclays had a chance of challenging the American IBs.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                  Will hopefully be there in a few weeks, currently asking some colleagues what the atmosphere is like.
                  Is that an element of annoyance I hear. And its before you even begin the 12 month no get out, low pay (for job description) contract.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Am I the only one upset Bob has gone?

I felt with him at the helm Barclays had a chance of challenging the American IBs.
                    It's a British thing... anything we're any good at, destroy it, legislate against it, shove hands in pockets while someone else picks it up and runs with it.

But you can be proud of another heroic failure

Comment

Working...
                    X