• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

runners ipod playlist

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

runners ipod playlist

So, summer's sort of here and I've decided to get a bit fitter. This means quitting the cigs (2 weeks so far and easy as long as I keep myself distracted) and going jogging/running every other day.

I've already been on a few 30 min slow paced runs and after the coughing up a lung of the first run it's even more motivation to quit cigs and continue running, plus it means I get to "invest" in some new toys..

So, along with my fancy new Garmin Forerunner 410 with Heart monitor, iPod nano and Sennheiser PMX 680i headphones (I found my day to day in ear phones kept falling out and p!$$!ng me off when running) and a new pair of outdoor trainers. I'm all set to get into this seriously and get into a routine.

The only thing I'm missing is a decent playlist. Any suggestions of some good running/workout songs?
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Always found The Prodigy good for work outs.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
      The only thing I'm missing is a decent playlist. Any suggestions of some good running/workout songs?
      Nothing, get into the zone and use the time for some meditation and reflection.

Music will only distract you and at some point you will realise that you don't need to be entertained throughout every waking hour
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Kings of Leon does it for me.

Check out parkrun UK home - 5k run on Saturday morning at a park near you. Our one is very friendly, with runners ranging from 5 to 90, and times from 17 to 40+ minutes.

Comment

How accurate do you find the Forerunner's heart monitor and altitude indicators?

I've yet to own earphones that don't fall our constantly, even when I ram them in to pain threshold.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            How accurate do you find the Forerunner's heart monitor and altitude indicators?
            no idea as yet, it arrived yesterday.

I've yet to own earphones that don't fall our constantly, even when I ram them in to pain threshold.
            I have only run so far with my usual work headphones, a pair of ACS Custom In Ear headphones , but even with the super snug moulded fit they fall out with the bounce of running so after much research I found that the best headphones for running seem to be the Sennheiser PMX 680i which arrived today and so i'll test tonight and let you know.
            Last edited by chef; 3 July 2012, 10:48.

Comment

The heart rate monitor is accurate.

The altitude is a bit, ehh, crap to be honest. I think it can work in 2 ways, triangulation or referencing google maps when you connect to the PC.

I do a lot of hill climb runs and I take the results with a pinch of salt, I know in my 13 mile run the highest bit is 500 ft above where I start, when I review the course it says I have 1900 ft of total climbs, when I save the results as a course it says I have 3500 ft of total climbs.

I really should try to look into the results a bit more and work out where it is getting them from.

Comment

after my run yesterday I report back to say that the accuracy of the gps for the run is very accurate and the heart monitor seems to be very accurate also. The elevation part is as minestrone says basic.

The headphones are fantastic, highly recommended for running, surprisingly good bass yet you can hear traffic around you, they don't move around at all and you can control your ipod from the headphone wire controls.. a great purchase.

Comment

I like a good podcast when I'm running.
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                  X