• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question for CUK pet owners

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for CUK pet owners

Has anyone used Companion Care Vet services for your four legged friend(s)?

Any good?

TIA

Pondy

I've tried them but found out that they don't cover my pet tarantula.

sasguru

Comment

I have Northwestperm2cont and Psychocandy on this and have no complaints so far. NWP2C still wets the bed from time to time and we have just about got PC potty trained without him asking what to do but neither of those complaints are covered by the policy.

HTH
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Looked into this for the cat. It makes more sense to abandon a sick cat in the countryside and get a free new healthy kitten.

Comment

No. my dog lost a leg in a car accident and they used the small print to claim he wasn't covered

swinehunds

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            No. my dog lost a leg in a car accident and they used the small print to claim he wasn't covered
            But that was because he didn't have a full UK driving license
            Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Seriously, I used them and was very dissapointed.

I have "semi-exotic" pets apparantly (degus) and despite telling me to bring them in and charging me nearly 200 quid for it - they then said "well, they'll need an op, but we aren't set up for small animals and it will cost you 6 or 7 times more than if you wait for your vet tomorrow.

(out of hours on weekends isn't included apparantly , therefore the 200 quid consultation charge)

Comment

I use petpalsdirect
                one day at a time

Comment

Cheers folks.

I'm more interested in them as vets rather than as an insurance provider.

Comment

Ok, well my understanding is that they use individual vetinary surgeries - so the quality will vary I suppose.

The vets I went to as part of CC were good, but very very expensive and a bit misleading in that they didnt tell me before i paid for consultation that they didnt have the facilities to act on any findings.

Comment

Working...
                    X