• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New parents have less sex and more rows

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New parents have less sex and more rows

New parents have less sex and more rows, study finds - Telegraph

Having children can ruin a couple’s relationship, new research has suggested, with six out of ten new parents claiming they have less sex and a third arguing more often.

Who are these lucky 4 out of 10 whose relationships are unaffected? Or are they liars?

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    New parents have less sex and more rows, study finds - Telegraph

Having children can ruin a couple’s relationship, new research has suggested, with six out of ten new parents claiming they have less sex and a third arguing more often.

Who are these lucky 4 out of 10 whose relationships are unaffected? Or are they liars?
    Until the woman wants another sprog, then the man has to become on demand sperm bank.

Comment

Must be those 4 out of ten who, like me, had kids early.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

In other news, the sky is blue, water is wet, and bears apparently prefer pine bark to Andrex. Sexual attraction is just that trick that mother nature plays on you to ensure the survival of the species. As the OP said, it's surprising that as many as 40% don't find any changes in that respect after kids (and the sleepless nights that come with them) come along.

Comment

The main thing is that somehow, kids have stealth devices built in; no matter how softly, quietly and gently I get itno bed with my wife, the baby is wide awake and screaming. It's uncanny that if I look at my wife, 'in that way', my youngest will waddle over and sit on her lap, staring at me, taunting me....

It's only just stopped working for the 8/9 year old, so we have another 7 years to wait...

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
            In other news, the sky is blue, water is wet, and bears apparently prefer pine bark to Andrex. Sexual attraction is just that trick that mother nature plays on you to ensure the survival of the species. As the OP said, it's surprising that as many as 40% don't find any changes in that respect after kids (and the sleepless nights that come with them) come along.
            Sleepless nights?

SpodSprog is 7 months old and I think we've had 3 sleepless nights so far. We know we're lucky with him but he learned from an early age that he can't **** us about and if he does I'm going to put him to work up the chimneys.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
              The main thing is that somehow, kids have stealth devices built in; no matter how softly, quietly and gently I get itno bed with my wife, the baby is wide awake and screaming. It's uncanny that if I look at my wife, 'in that way', my youngest will waddle over and sit on her lap, staring at me, taunting me....

It's only just stopped working for the 8/9 year old, so we have another 7 years to wait...
              I'd let you into the secret on how to stop that but I genuinely dislike you so, up yours!

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                SpodSprog is 7 months old and I think we've had 3 sleepless nights so far.
                Unlike you he knows when to keep his mouth shut.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                  Sleepless nights?

SpodSprog is 7 months old and I think we've had 3 sleepless nights so far. We know we're lucky with him but he learned from an early age that he can't **** us about and if he does I'm going to put him to work up the chimneys.
                  Will he fit?
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Unlike you he knows when to keep his mouth shut.
                    How rude.

Comment

Working...
                    X