• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working away and luggage.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working away and luggage.....

When ever I work away its like a military operation getting suits and shirts etc packed away, civi clothes I don't really care about so at the moment I have a holdall with everything shoved in and suit protector with shirts and suits in, is there a better way though?7

I have a ton of the Tesco Vouchers for the Wenger Luggage which look smart and well protected, but they don't really cater for suits/shirts.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I have a holdall with everything shoved in
    Have you tried to zip yourself into it in the bathroom?

Comment

When ever I work away its like a military operation getting suits and shirts etc packed away, civi clothes I don't really care about so at the moment I have a holdall with everything shoved in and suit protector with shirts and suits in, is there a better way though?7

I have a ton of the Tesco Vouchers for the Wenger Luggage which look smart and well protected, but they don't really cater for suits/shirts.
      A few people I've worked with would leave their shirts to be cleaned over the weekend. So drop them off on a Friday and pick them up on a Monday evening all nice, clean and ironed.

I, being a tight northern git, used to pack a travel iron and iron them in my room.
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
        A few people I've worked with would leave their shirts to be cleaned over the weekend. So drop them off on a Friday and pick them up on a Monday evening all nice, clean and ironed.

I, being a tight northern git, used to pack a travel iron and iron them in my room.
        Proper northern git would have had his wife drive down and iron them in the room for him while watching footy then send her home when she had done....
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Buy new shirts after you finish your first day away from home.

Simples.

HTH
          one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
            Buy new shirts after you finish your first day away from home.

Simples.

HTH
            New shirts have stupid creases in them which are a PITA!!!!

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

New shirts have stupid creases in them which are a PITA!!!!
              Ah, that's where the travel iron comes in!

one day at a time

Comment

Depends how long you're planning to be away for...

If you're just going for less than a week, ditch the suit and take a jacket you can wear whilst traveling, then get yourself a hard cased wheelie thingy.

Comment

If I am staying at a hotel, I request a safe room to leave all my gubbins and pack the shorts off to the local laundry. Works a treat and all you have to do is rock up at the airport/train station on a monday morning with no new gear needed apart from for that day.

Its quite reasonable to have a couple of service washes and irons done at a laundromat.

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
                    Ah, that's where the travel iron comes in!

And if you have a travel iron you are half way to being just as a nuisance as bringing shirts with you from home!

Comment

Working...
                    X