• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Triple Boomed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Triple Boomed

A couple of weeks ago a software house who I did some work for (a whole days worth in fact) called me about a project, they occasionally ring me up, and asked if I was interested. First off they started with the specs and I had to say no as I had no knowledge of the software but I did of the OS. That seemed to be no problem, they had a guy who knew the software so I said, go ahead, put me forward. Today was a phone call with the company (the IT arm of a major European bank) where I thought we would discuss me, the other guy and the project to see if they wanted us, not to be. We discussed the project, hardware, software, timescales and when we start. Not too bad, no interview and a rate which is more than I asked for. A nice filler with the other 2 projects (keeps the Finanzamt of my back, bit like IR35 in having more than one customer in a certain period of time.)
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

I think that would be triple to you then good sir.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

3 x

Well done that man.
      Me, me, me...

Comment

3 top :bananas:
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
        X