• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Blame Culture

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Blame Culture

It wasn't me guv...

I love this quote:

The external pressure placed on Barclays has reached a level that risks damaging the franchise - I cannot let that happen.
    I think the franchise was damaged a long time ago being one of the only businesses to ignore sanctions on South Africa to name but one of it's murkier dealings...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

franchise!!

The guy thinks he runs some kind of McDonalds establishment rather than entity that can have profound long term negative effect on people's lives...

oh wait

Comment

I remember reading at the height of the bubble about a tax scam that they were involved in.

something to do with leasing a gas pipeline from Scotland to Eire, then renting it out to the Irish.
      They never owned it, pumped gas, or had any interest in the energy industry. pure scammines
      What the hell is a hight st bank doing getting involved in stuff like that ?

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Shares are £1.67. Anything less than £1.50 is a buy.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Sanctions

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post

I think the franchise was damaged a long time ago being one of the only businesses to ignore sanctions on South Africa to name but one of it's murkier dealings...
          Well thats one thing I am not going to blame them for, lucky there where some businesses that saw sense.
          There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

It really amounts to the behaviour of a primary school kid telling a teacher 'it wasn't me, the big boys told me to do it!'

Pathetic. How have we reached the point that people with the emotional development of 5 year olds are running huge corporations? More importantly, how are we supposed to get rid of them and prevent such infantile people getting such positions in future?
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
            X