• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One for you soccer enthusiasts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One for you soccer enthusiasts

Applying network theory to football teams' passing strategies

Apparently, in some recent tournament which escaped my notice, a Spanish gentleman called Xavi had the highest PageRank-equivalent, in that he received the most passes, similar to a page being the target of many external links

Could this be a useful sideline for AtW's SKA, perhaps using the equivalent of backlink analysis of a large corpus of matches to provide betting tips?

Football

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Applying network theory to football teams' passing strategies

Apparently, in some recent tournament which escaped my notice, a Spanish gentleman called Xavi had the highest PageRank-equivalent, in that he received the most passes, similar to a page being the target of many external links

Could this be a useful sideline for AtW's SKA, perhaps using the equivalent of backlink analysis of a large corpus of matches to provide betting tips?
      Bloody Yanks.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

This thread should NOT be in general. Not sure if it should be technical or lR though.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          This thread should NOT be in general. Not sure if it should be technical or lR though.
          Who made you a mod

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
            Who made you a mod
            I did.

I am Godlike.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
              Who made you a mod
              Do I have to have any knowledge on a subject to have an opinion? Just as well or there would be 99% less posts here.

If I become a mod I will get myself banned immediately. I will post up the same stuff that got me banned for 2 years. I was a mod for f4j and its just horrific. I don't know how the mods here do it - I really really admire them.

Luckily there is no chance of me ever being a mod.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                I did.

I am Godlike.
                About time you got a custom title then. Took me 2 years to think of mine. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                X