• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pin photos of benefits cheats to lamp-posts to shame them, says top DWP official

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pin photos of benefits cheats to lamp-posts to shame them, says top DWP official

Pin photos of benefits cheats to lamp-posts to shame them, says top DWP official - Telegraph

says Terry Moran, whose salary in 2011 was £169,000.
    <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Maybe we can stick posters of bankers round Canary Wharf too

Comment

Mr Moran said 'If I had my way, benefit cheats would be put in stocks so the public can throw rotten fruit at them. But it's not likely to be adopted'

What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Tax dodgers and benefits cheats should be given a days community service for every pound sterling they stole from the public purse.

nuff said
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
          Tax dodgers and benefits cheats should be given a days community service for every pound sterling they stole from the public purse.

nuff said
          Be careful what you wish for...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Maybe we can stick posters of bankers round Canary Wharf too
            They have no shame.

Perhaps someone creative can think of a different way of using lamposts to deal with bent bankers.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              They have no shame.

Perhaps someone creative can think of a different way of using lamposts to deal with bent bankers
              How about using bankers to bend lampposts?
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

There was a lad in my hometown who used to kidnap cats and torture them. Once someone found out who it was, they gave him a good kicking, and tied him to a lamp post with a sign around his neck saying what he'd done.

It appears the Police didn't go anywhere near him for 4 hours. He got a fearful kicking. Ah, policing in the 70's...

Maybe we can organise something along those lines...

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                  There was a lad in my hometown who used to kidnap cats and torture them. Once someone found out who it was, they gave him a good kicking, and tied him to a lamp post with a sign around his neck saying what he'd done.

It appears the Police didn't go anywhere near him for 4 hours. He got a fearful kicking. Ah, policing in the 70's...

Maybe we can organise something along those lines...
                  Great idea. A country full of bent cops and justice.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Great idea. A country full of bent cops and justice.
                    How were they bent MF?

I was too young to partake, but understood quickly about rough justice. The Police also allowed some fights to go well past the handbag stage, as they understood how things worked in a small market town. Kudos in my book.

Comment

Working...
                    X