• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Higgs Boson announcement today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Higgs Boson announcement today

Do you think it will be a "we are 99.9% certain that its there but we don't know what it looks like !". ?

That is not the answer I would give to even an angry IT manager on a £7.5k budget never mind a 7.5 billion Euros one.

We found it. But i took it home and the dog ate it.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

My uncle after going to Oxford at 17 became an atomic physicist, I'll give him a bell and ask him if he's seen any at his work.
      Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

I think they'll prove that David Icke was right all along...

Tone

Comment

I thought they were going to announce that Nibiru had been sighted.

Comment

Originally posted by sbakoola View Post
            Do you think it will be a "we are 99.9% certain that its there but we don't know what it looks like !". ?

That is not the answer I would give to even an angry IT manager on a £7.5k budget never mind a 7.5 billion Euros one.
            I think they are looking for 5 Sigma before they'll say it certainly exists.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that means only a 17 billion to one chance of error.

Comment

Challenge time...can anyone in very simple terms explain what the boson particle is and what it is trying to proove ?

Chap on the radio is trying to at the moment and is still confusing

Comment

Has John Terry taken the credit for this yet?
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Has John Terry taken the credit for this yet?
                  No but he's slept with Higgs Boson's wife.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    No but he's slept with Higgs Boson's wife.
                    And his sister....

Comment

Working...
                    X