• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cheese and Biscuits

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheese and Biscuits

One of life's greatest guilty pleasures. Nothing beats cheese and biscuits.

I love virtually all cheese, the stronger the better, the only cheese I don't like is that fake cheese with fruit in. It's OK to have figs or grapes on the side but cranberries embedded in cheddar is just wrong. Cumin is just about acceptable as is chilli or paprika as long as the cheese is all one colour. Amongst all cheeses I like aged Gruyere, crumbly Stilton, decent Cheddar, Roquefort, Manchego, Parmigiano-Reggiano - you get the picture. And never, ever, ever served at anything other than room temperature. And that brings me onto goats cheese - it has to be cold pressed, none of that stuff with 1/2 inch thick rind, and preferably coated with peppers or herbs or even wrapped in vine leaves. Mould is good.

Butter for me has to be French, unsalted and only paired with some types of cheese - you're not going to have butter with soft cheese, but if you have cheddar on digestives then butter is de rigeur in my opinion. On oatcakes though, depends if it's after dinner or not. I like those charcoal crackers too. And baguettes. Basically any bakery product specifically designed for plate to mouth cheese transport is fine by me.

btw can you tell I've been dieting for a fortnight?
    Old fashioned cream crackers
    19.42%
    Organic oatcakes
    8.74%
    Purists baguette
    12.62%
    Add some butter?
    11.65%
    English cheese - Chedder & Stilton
    24.27%
    French cheese - Roquefort & Brie
    18.45%
    Andy W prefers smegma
    4.85%
    Last edited by Lockhouse; 4 July 2012, 12:21.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    One of life's greatest guilty pleasures. Nothing beats cheese and biscuits.

I love virtually all cheese, the stronger the better, the only cheese I don't like is that fake cheese with fruit in. It's OK to have figs or grapes on the side but cranberries embedded in cheddar is just wrong. Cumin is just about acceptable as is chilli or paprika as long as the cheese is all one colour. Amongst all cheeses I like aged Gruyere, crumbly Stilton, decent Cheddar, Roquefort, Manchego, Parmigiano-Reggiano - you get the picture. And never, ever, ever served at anything other than room temperature. And that brings me onto goats cheese - it has to be cold pressed, none of that stuff with 1/2 inch thick rind, and preferably coated with peppers or herbs or even wrapped in vine leaves. Mould is good.

Butter for me has to be French, unsalted and only paired with some types of cheese - you're not going to have butter with soft cheese, but if you have cheddar on digestives then butter is de rigeur in my opinion. On oatcakes though, depends if it's after dinner or not. I like those charcoal crackers too. And baguettes. Basically any bakery product specifically designed for plate to mouth cheese transport is fine by me.

btw can you tell I've been dieting for a fortnight?
    WTF?

Comment

Tomme de Savoie. Mmmmmm

Danish Blue, Cambazola, Stilton, love blue cheeses.

Pickles? Branston, Picallily, my mum's green bean chutney, caramelized onion chutney.

Like a bit of Edam on occasions.

Also love water biscuits, butter puffs, Carrs cheese melts for extra cheesiness, Poppy seed crackers.

International Cheese Centre
      http://www.internationalcheese.co.uk/

When I got married in 2010, we had a Cheese Wedding Cake (stilton, brie, cheddar and another I can't remember), along with a standard fruit cake, lasted ages. We are still eating the fruit cake now.

and the local favourite when I lived in Devon.
      Last edited by Scrag Meister; 4 July 2012, 12:54.
      Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

I like my cheese on a water biscuit. Or some of those fancy charcoal wafers.

I don't have a massive preference on type of cheese - I like em all.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
          And never, ever, ever served at anything other than room temperature.
          I was in a little village in the French Alps a fortnight ago and was forced to break my diet with a large serving of Raclette. Molten cheese is fantasic IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
            WTF?
            Cheese is generally not served with mushy peas or chips so probably have'nt heard of it up North
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              Cheese is generally not served with mushy peas or chips so probably have'nt heard of it up North
              I think you will find most fast food places will do cheese on chips.

Comment

How about some Lancashire cheese? Cheshire? Wensleydale?
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  I think you will find most fast food places will do cheese on chips.
                  Hmmmm cheesy chips with gravey
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    Hmmmm cheesy chips with gravy
                    ftfy

Comment

Working...
                    X