• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Blame Culture part II

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Blame Culture part II

Not my fault guv
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

So its okay for BoE to just do as they are told without complaint?

Comment

So much for Bank of Englands independence

Comment

I have a feeling Cameron and Georgie Porgie are fishing here, making a big deal out of resisting a JE then when MilliBalls cry foul loud enough they will give them what they want hoping the dirt will really be dished!!

Could be interesting.

Comment

Diamond says he didn't know until a few weeks ago.. and yet the telegraph states he warned the govt in 2008. funny how you can't comment that particular telegraph "story"

Comment

In that picture , I detect fear in his eyes.

Given that it was probably taken from a file, I reckon the fear is of people discovering he's completely and utterly devoid of any economic knowledge; other than the utopian crap his party fed him when he joined.

Who gives a damn who specifically is to blame, I personally don't want scapegoats but want to try and use this past 2 years to get some regulation in to protect us against corruption.

Corrupt police, corrupt ministers, corrupt bankers and now even the BoE is implicated....

Is this Britain or the far east, just how much cash is being trousered out of our treasury and economy?

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
              Is this Britain or the far east, just how much cash is being trousered out of our treasury and economy?
              All cash is eventually trousered by someone or other.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Sorry I should have given more emphasis to the term out of our economy.

A lot of people trouser money and that's good of course, but it remains in the UK economy.

Comment

Originally posted by moggy View Post
                  Diamond says he didn't know until a few weeks ago
                  Funny, because I was just watching yesterday an old episode (2009) of "The Oracle with Max Keiser" and he was openly talking of interest rate manipulation by English banks. Of course the BBC sacked him a few weeks later.
                  <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
                    I have a feeling Cameron and Georgie Porgie are fishing here, making a big deal out of resisting a JE then when MilliBalls cry foul loud enough they will give them what they want hoping the dirt will really be dished!!

Could be interesting.
                    My bet is that Labour want the judicial review because they know it will take years and that if the finger is pointed at Brown and Darling, they know that the electorate will have forgotten all about it. The Tories will want the faster enquiry so that any mud it throws sticks. The Tories have nowt to lose in this. they were not in power.
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X