• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm beginning to believe ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm beginning to believe ...

...that we can win the World Cup. Don't know why but I think we'll meet Germany in the final and win. Remember you heard it here first ...
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Ahh false hope - as quad-annual as the competition itself... it's a right of passage for all England supporters

Comment

Swedes 1 turnips 0

Can't see enough goals coming from midfield myself. Owen's not sharp enough yet and Crouch is clearly not world-class. Goalkeeper situation is precarious - if Calamity James spends any time between the posts, it'll be time to come home. Sven seems totally incapable of making effective substitutions or tactical changes once the game has started. I would love to be proved wrong but I don't see it....

Comment

I think England will come 2nd to Sweden in their group and Germany will win their own group.

Which means I think, that England meets Germany in the 2nd round. And Germany on their own turf in the World Cup, I'm confident will be a formidable opponent and the most significant threat to England's progress early on.

England really need to win their own group.

Comment

Tsk

Originally posted by maximus
          Ahh false hope - as quad-annual as the competition itself... it's a right of passage for all England supporters
          Ah
          rite
          quadriennial
          Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by BobTheCrate
            I think England will come 2nd to Sweden in their group and Germany will win their own group.

Which means I think, that England meets Germany in the 2nd round. And Germany on their own turf in the World Cup, I'm confident will be a formidable opponent and the most significant threat to England's progress early on.

England really need to win their own group.
            Wrong. England will comfortably win their group and so will Germany. Which means we get Poland after the qualifiers. Easy Peasy.
            Remember you heard it here first (TM).
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
              Ah
              rite
              quadriennial
              sorry ...didn't know proper fer every four years

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                England will comfortably win their group
                Nah. England will finish 2nd to Sweden and meet Germany in the 2nd.

We only ever get Poland in nursing homes, our driveways, and in the qualifiers, never the finals.
                Last edited by BobTheCrate; 5 June 2006, 10:42.

Comment

It's as good as in the bag, I told you it's our year.

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Crosby
                    It's as good as in the bag, I told you it's our year.
                    I agree.

Plus it hasn't started yet so it is fine to be overly confident about England winning!

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Working...
                    X