• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I have been sacked from my contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been sacked from my contract

I am new to this board but not new to contracting, unfortunetly i have just been sacked after a few weeks in my contract
    i am gutted it;s never happened to me before but apprently they do this a lot it;s Agency said this has happened to them several times with other contractors; They seem to have a very bad reputation for treating people badly.

After a few days of being upset just started looking again and trying to bounce back

Has this happened to anyone else?

I am so jinxed i had two offers at the same time and i took this one what a nightmare!!!!Hi

anyways i now need therepy from fellow contractors so i have joined this board for inspiration

Originally posted by flowerpowercontractor999 View Post
    I am new to this board but not new to contracting, unfortunetly i have just been sacked after a few weeks in my contract
    i am gutted it;s never happened to me before but apprently they do this a lot it;s Agency said this has happened to them several times with other contractors; They seem to have a very bad reputation for treating people badly.

After a few days of being upset just started looking again and trying to bounce back

I am so jinxed i had two offers at the same time and i took this one what a nightmare!!!!Hi

anyways i now need therepy from fellow contractors so i have joined this board for inspiration
    I take it you got terminated for poor spelling and punctuation.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Maybe it's not too late to go for the other one
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by flowerpowercontractor999 View Post

No doubt my miserable self-hating repressed homosexual emotionally and socially incompetent compadres will be along soon to vomit forth their bile, but

Never happened to me, but plenty of knock backs. Take a day off doing something nice for yourselves, and then get back on the treadmill. It will be OK. If you're looking for therapy, bleeding the radiators is usually good.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          No lol i was typing too fast telling my story.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            There's always one who gets in their first.

Comment

Sod 'em. Plenty more and better places to be.

Comment

The good thing is it's only a couple of weeks, you can happily leave it off your c.v.

Comment

I find that bleeding radiators helps calm down a lot.

Cheer up - in all probability you'll be sacked in the future, take it like a Contrator.

Comment

Fecked up big time (or so the manager thought) a few years back and got given my marching orders at the end of my first week. Was a god-awful place to work anyway so wasn't unhappy to be out of there and I walked straight into a role with a previous client that lasted for about a year longer than the first would have anyway.

So, you'll probably find it's for the best and things will turn out better in the long run.

I hope you managed to raid the stationary cupboard before you went though.

Comment

Working...
                    X