• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I thought these critters were already extinct.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought these critters were already extinct.

Albatross numbers take steep dive

I remember as a kid learning that 'the Albatross' was an extinct creature ? It was supposedly the largest bird ?

Alabatross ... Albatrosss ... Albatross. Where did that phrase come from ... Monty Python ?

Originally posted by BobTheCrate
    Albatross numbers take steep dive

I remember as a kid learning that 'the Albatross' was an extinct creature ? It was supposedly the largest bird ?

Alabatross ... Albatrosss ... Albatross. Where did that phrase come from ... Monty Python ?

You're thinking of the Dodo.

And yes, it was Monty Python. Cinema Usherette who only has Albatross for sale during the intermission.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB

And yes, it was Monty Python. Cinema Usherette who only has Albatross for sale during the intermission.
      yes but what flavour was it ?
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist
        yes but what flavour was it ?

It's a bleedin' Albatross, it's not any bloody flavour is it. Albatross!
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
          I must be the Dodo. Thank you yes you're right - 'twas what I was thinking of.

My God, some of you lot are showing your age .. or is it repeats you were watching ?

Classic stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            "There's a penguin on your telly, Mrs Niggerbaiter"....

"Intercourse the penguin"

etc.

Eeeemanuelle Kant was a real Pissant
            he was very rarely stable...
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
            X