• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Private sector provision of public services working well in Florida

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Private sector provision of public services working well in Florida

BBC News - Florida lifeguard fired for helping drowning man

Although apparently they are having some problems retaining staff.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    BBC News - Florida lifeguard fired for helping drowning man

Although apparently they are having some problems retaining staff.
    Well done that man, and well done to his colleagues for walking and leaving some useless managerman to clear up the mess.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Isn't it a crime not to help someone?
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        Isn't it a crime not to help someone?
        Dunno about the US; I think whatever you do there in terms of first aid or medicine you're liable to be either sued, fired or shot. That's why doctors charge a tulipload of money over there; their liability insurance premiums are huge. They also have a fondness for Swiss trust funds, and understandably so.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Dunno about the US; I think whatever you do there in terms of first aid or medicine you're liable to be either sued, fired or shot. That's why doctors charge a tulipload of money over there; their liability insurance premiums are huge. They also have a fondness for Swiss trust funds, and understandably so.
          IIRC I think this is what the Good Samaritan laws were supposed to prevent. i.e. you give someone who would otherwise have died CPR and then they sue you for breaking one of their ribs. I think now that you have some imunity as long as you were acting a) in good faith (eg you weren't charging them for the service) and b) you didn't recklessly make the situation worse.(eg pulling someone out of a car accident that wasn't likely to blow up or get hit again)

Comment

Problem is with the US there is so many different law's from State to State, some offer protection, some say you are basically fecked if anything goes wrong.
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
            X