• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I signed and posted the contract...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I signed and posted the contract...

...for a gig 45 minutes from home until the end of the year, and today I've got 5 e-mails with other projects that look right up my street. Is it ALWAYS the same?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

A contract in the hand is worth five on JobServe.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      ...for a gig 45 minutes from home until the end of the year, and today I've got 5 e-mails with other projects that look right up my street. Is it ALWAYS the same?
      how far away is the new one thats cropped up ?

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
        how far away is the new one thats cropped up ?
        Oh, they're spread around the country, but that doesn't bother me. It doesn't bother me at all, it just seems to be a universal rule of contracting and buses; wait for one then 5 turn up at the same time.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

It's kind of like the way "holes" move through a semi conductor. A contractor moves into a new role, creating a hole, that another contractor fills, creating a hole, which is filled by another contractor, creating a hole and so on. Hence a single truly new role results in many holes that need to be filled.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
            A contract in the hand is worth five on JobServe.
            WSS!

I am sick of the number of times I have put pen to paper on a contract only to be inundated with calls for gigs in my home town!
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Oh, they're spread around the country, but that doesn't bother me. It doesn't bother me at all, it just seems to be a universal rule of contracting and buses; wait for one then 5 turn up at the same time.
              The trick in life is to try to be content - I usually suffer from the same thing - bought a house then suddenly 5 nice ones come on the market after waiting for ages. Start a contract then 10 other good ones magically appear. I have now stopped looking at Jobserve and Rightmove as well as stopped answering agent calls on my phone, life is much better that way.

Comment

You've been offered them all, or are they just agency emails looking for applications?

If the former, that never happens to me

Comment

and today I've got 5 e-mails with other projects that look right up my street.
                  If there are all these offices in your street have you thought about moving to a nicer residential area?

Comment

It part of the rules of contracting, along with: If you go for a few roles, you always get offered the worst one first.

My current decision
                    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Working...
                    X