• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Im feeling broody.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im feeling broody.

All this talk of peoples annoying children got me wanting a pet of my own.

Arent they just so cute.

Get a furry pussy cat old chap. Generally, they don't tulip in the house.

Man's best friend.

HTH

one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
      Get a furry pussy cat old chap. Generally, they don't tulip in the house.

Man's best friend.

HTH

Never had a cat, and never felt like I wanted one tbh. I knew a few people who had them, and was never that impressed.

My last shepherd was amazing, very protective of all the family and I knew when I came home that if he was happy then all had been ok in my absence. He was a bit keen with people he didnt know lol but that was just part of his charm!

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
        Never had a cat, and never felt like I wanted one tbh. I knew a few people who had them, and was never that impressed.

My last shepherd was amazing, very protective of all the family and I knew when I came home that if he was happy then all had been ok in my absence. He was a bit keen with people he didnt know lol but that was just part of his charm!
        I'd love a dog too but been away quite a bit makes it tricky and not sure if the cats would be too happy. I'd probably go for a retired greyhound or a whippet.

one day at a time

Comment

I do like dogs, but I don't think it would be fair of me to get one. Unlike cats, dogs need to be walked and get unhappy if you leave them at home during the day. As long as cats have someone to ignore each evening, they're perfectly happy. I'd consider getting a pooch later in life, when I've more time to look after it properly.

Comment

I'd love a dog too but been away quite a bit makes it tricky and not sure if the cats would be too happy. I'd probably go for a retired greyhound or a whippet.

You are right. It worked out good with the families last shepherd as I was at college, and lectures seemed to be either mornings or afternoons. So he wasnt alone all day when he was a puppy. When he was on his own he missed us, but he was busy either sleeping or guarding the house.

Comment

Greyhounds are the most boring unresponsive dog ever - They're either comatose, or chasing and savaging every other dog, cat, rabbit, in the neighbourhood, and causing you huge vets bills. You also have to walk them about 10 miles a day.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                Greyhounds are the most boring unresponsive dog ever - They're either comatose, or chasing and savaging every other dog, cat, rabbit, in the neighbourhood, and causing you huge vets bills. You also have to walk them about 10 miles a day.
                Oh I dont know, the accountant where I used to work a long time ago brought her pair of weimaraner dogs a few times. And they might as well have been stuffed, just seemed very disinterested in everything. They did as they were told though.

Comment

Picking up our Airdale puppy at the end of the month.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                    Picking up our Airdale puppy at the end of the month.
                    awwww. pic?

Comment

Working...
                    X