• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is now the right time to buy a horse?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is now the right time to buy a horse?

Seen a horse I like with £100k off its original asking price (its been on the market 2 years), and am seriously tempted. Good price, good runner, a bit too big for me (but thats not a bad thing).

However, it would really annoy me if I bought just as we have a horse meat price crash as things in Europe really kick off.

Opinions?

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Seen a horse I like with £100k off its original asking price (its been on the market 2 years), and am seriously tempted. Good price, good runner, a bit too big for me (but thats not a bad thing).

However, it would really annoy me if I bought just as we have a horse meat price crash as things in Europe really kick off.

Opinions?
    Does Mrs Pondy like it?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

Opinions?
      Depends if you want one for investment (e.g. racing) or for living (transport)

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Does Mrs Pondy like it?
        Oh Yeah!
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
          Depends if you want one for investment (e.g. racing) or for living (transport)
          or food (German)
          The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
            or food (German)
            Falls into the living category

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
              Falls into the living category
              Nope, it would definitely fall down dead when eaten
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment