• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Holiday ideas when taking 2 small kids

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holiday ideas when taking 2 small kids

Looking to get away late Sept / Early Oct for a couple of weeks.

Ideally, it's a nice location(s) happy to move around every 3 or 4 days. With local excursions and nice food.

Ideally like to have somekind of arrangement where the 19 month old can run out the vialla / apartment and play whilst wife looks after the 4 month old.

I was thinking possibly the greek islands and hoping between two or three different resorts.

Not averse to bigger complexes that supply kids clubs but would like to have our own space and not forced to mingle with the union jack all inclusive brigade and bingo at 7pm lot.

Recommendations please...
    Anti-bedwetting advice

How much do you want to spend?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      How much do you want to spend?
      Probably around 5K - bit more if its the states, don't seem to come back there spending less than 10K.
      Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

Originally posted by Notascooby View Post
        Probably around 5K - bit more if its the states, don't seem to come back there spending less than 10K.
        family based hotels like the sensitori in crete would be great. all inclusive, maybe more useful when the kids are a little older though.

but would highly recommend this hoter to families.

Comment

Looking to get away late Sept / Early Oct for a couple of weeks.

Ideally, it's a nice location(s) happy to move around every 3 or 4 days. With local excursions and nice food.

Ideally like to have somekind of arrangement where the 19 month old can run out the vialla / apartment and play whilst wife looks after the 4 month old.

I was thinking possibly the greek islands and hoping between two or three different resorts.

Not averse to bigger complexes that supply kids clubs but would like to have our own space and not forced to mingle with the union jack all inclusive brigade and bingo at 7pm lot.

Recommendations please...
          Have you thought about getting one of those James' Villas? Then you have your own private base with swimming pool, get a hire car and you can do exactly what you like when you like. Would have thought you'd get something really good for a lot less than your budget too, and nothing stopping you hiring two different ones for a week each and driving between the two etc

Comment

Originally posted by moggy View Post
            family based hotels like the sensitori in crete would be great. all inclusive, maybe more useful when the kids are a little older though.

but would highly recommend this hoter to families.
            There are some good Warner places on Corsica and Sardinia. I think you get a villa and all the other gumpf. Not so cheap too, so keep a lot of the riff raff out. Could hop between the two and it wouldn't be that bad temp wise then.

Comment

I'll check them out....

Defo need two as we had two weeks in a place in France and were going stir crazy after a week. Despite it being lovely.
              Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

We have a 4 and a 1 year old.

Recommend villa with private pool
                Ideally a very short walk away from facilities / bar / beach if the younger one is prone to car riots. If you have friends with young kids as well,see if they want to join you.

Comment

I would have to go down the villa route if I were you. It's just so much safer in terms of the pool etc. We got married in Cyprus and stayed at Coral Bay. The sea there is nice and calm and our villa was just a short walk from it and round the corner from a load of bars and a range of places to eat. Nothing fantastic but nice enough. In late october it was still in the high 20's
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I'll check them out....

Defo need two as we had two weeks in a place in France and were going stir crazy after a week. Despite it being lovely.
                    My wife is like this on holiday. Can stay for weeks at our own place, but take her on holiday, and she needs to move and is bored within a week.

Comment

Working...
                    X