• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

7 in a bed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7 in a bed

What is this trend of hotels putting loads of pillows on top of the bed, so I have to throw them all off before going to sleep? I counted 7 (seven!) synthetic pillows and cushions decoratively displayed on the bed in my hotel last night. Why not just provide 2 good quality down pillows?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    What is this trend of hotels putting loads of pillows on top of the bed, so I have to throw them all off before going to sleep? I counted 7 (seven!) synthetic pillows and cushions decoratively displayed on the bed in my hotel last night. Why not just provide 2 good quality down pillows?
    Most good hotels will have a selection of pillows on there so you can find the combination that suits you best

Not every one likes down pillows

Some people like more than 2
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

This puts my complaining to shame! Seriously, your complaining about too many pillows?

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
        This puts my complaining to shame! Seriously, your complaining about too many pillows?
        Awww my dinner is too nice!
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

My Mrs places 2 pillows and a cushion each on our bed.

Every night I take the bottom pillow (under duvet) and throw it on the floor with the cushion and then take the other pillow, which was on top of the duvet and put it under the duvet.

After a while, you realise if it makes her happy then you live with it.
          Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

I only use my musical pillow at home so that's all she puts on my side of the bed!
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
              I don't really care about how many pillows; it's the tulip quality of hotel pillows that annoys me.

The quantity merely served to provide a thread title.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I don't really care about how many pillows; it's the tulip quality of hotel pillows that annoys me.

The quantity merely served to provide a thread title.
                Spend a few quid and find a decent hotel. It's not ******* rocket science!

Comment

I agree with Mich. If anyone actually used too many pillows, they would wake up very stiff in the morning. I know I do.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                    I agree with Mich. If anyone actually used too many pillows, they would wake up very stiff in the morning. I know I do.
                    Isn't it "fun pillows" that make you stiff?
                    Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

Working...
                    X