• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Barbecue Summer update

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barbecue Summer update

Lots and lots of rain expected

However hopefully after that there should be a spot of sunshine.
    I'm alright Jack

Aye climate change happening before your very eyes
    Meanwhile record temperatures in the US.
    Unusual climate events seem very high in the last decade, I'd say.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

How many times have I read that a month's worth of rain is going to fall in 2 days this summer?

WTF is up with the weather? I was watching a weather report the other day and they were saying that the unsettled conditions were due to the jet stream being at abnomally low latitude. They've been saying that every year for the last 5 years & it's not abnormal any more - this seems to be the new normal.

I'd like to know WHY the jetstream sits in this position every summer but I've never heard any credible explanation.

Anyhow, hope they're right about the sunny spell.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        So obviously the cooler than normal temps are due to "global warming".

You still believe that cr*p.

How's that vineyard you've invested in......have the grapes all rotted yet?

Here's what the met office are saying about climate change:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/climate-...s/horticulture

Wet warm winters and hot dry summers....

Last edited by BlasterBates; 5 July 2012, 16:05.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Perhaps...in August!
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

Blaster evidently thinks each rainy day is yet more evidence piling up against climate change.

Seems almost churlish to shatter his illusions, assuming that was even possible.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              Blaster evidently thinks each rainy day is yet more evidence piling up against climate change.

Seems almost churlish to shatter his illusions, assuming that was even possible.
              Let's not allow the 15 year global temps flat trend to get in the way of a good scam argument.

Last edited by BlasterBates; 5 July 2012, 16:33.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Let's not allow the 15 year global temps flat trend to get in the way of a good scam argument.

The point of greenhouse effect induced climate change is that the energy balance of the earth i.e. the balance between energy in from the sun and energy radiated out into space, changes, leading to a net change in the energy of the earth, and this affects the climate in some way. This isn't necessarily going to manifest itself as increased temperatures everywhere, though it probably will in some places, you might also get increased kinetic energy in the atmosphere, and of course if there is more water vapour in the atmosphere the enthalpy of vaporisation would account for some energy as well.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Except that there is no discernible trend in any form of weather extreme, or anything else for that matter, other than the global temps (up until 1996 that is).

Something that does frustrate climate scientists who can't point to anything but a temperature trend from 1980 to 1996 and a decline in the Artic ice (without actually having any reliable data prior to 1979 ).
                  Last edited by BlasterBates; 6 July 2012, 05:55.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

We were discussing this the other day, and believe the weather has been turning this way for a while. Dry winters, wet summers. I am starting to think we are undergoing climate change, but that no one knows what we're going to get. How many extreme weather phenomenons have we experienced in the past 10 years worldwide, against the previous 10 years.

Comment

Working...
                    X