• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Peter Green - Chilled

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peter Green - Chilled

I used to be a big fan of the pop group Fleetwood Mac so I pricked my ears up with interest on overhearing the conversation of some fellow ale drinkers the other night.

Now, as far as I'm aware, Peter Green hasn't produced any new material for some years ever since he went a bit doolally back in the Nineteen Seventies but the fragments of conversation I was picking up from the neighbouring table suggested that this was no longer the case.

Indeed, it appeared that he had released a new album called "Chilled" which had me thinking that perhaps he was going to play all the early hits unplugged. (Incidentally, the lilting strings of Albatross will always remind my of a period in my life when I was rebuilding the engine of a Ford Anglia on my mother's kitchen table, but that's another tale).

So, I hotfooted it back to Buggeridge Towers in anticipation of getting a copy hot off the press courtesy of Amazon or some suchlike. I positioned myself in front of my computer terminal, fingers trembling with excitement as I typed the search term "Peter Green Chilled" into Google, clicked Go and there it was, right at the top of the search results Peter Green Chilled!

Those of you who follow the link will see that I was dealt a salutary lesson in not to eavesdrop other people's conversations.

Not without me hearing aid in anyway

A disturbing blend of verbiage and tedium.

0/10
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Evercreech eh? Have seen 'em up the services but didn't realise they were that local.

Comment

I could tell you stories about why it's taken him so long to get back to work again and it's nothing to do with him going 'doolally'.

I'd probably end up in court though.

Class act in his day.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Isn't he living in Sweden now with some stunning blond totty 1/2 his age?

Last I heard he was booked to do a UK tour about 3 years ago (Newport was one of the venues) and one of the band died so it was cancelled
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Some years ago I decided to get out of the computing lark and went to work at a motorcylce shop in South London, Clapham to be precise and although I was a backroom boy I used to help out in the shop occassionally. The shop was a slightly more up market one selling such esoteric bikes like Heskeths and tuned Italian imports but also had the run of the mill Japanese stuff but it did attract a slightly more classier type of customer such as Olivier Tobias on his Ducatti (who used get all types of subtle questions thrown at hi by the mechanics about Joan Collins.)

The trouble was being in South London who also used to get the local weridos walk in off the street and it just so happens one day when I was helping manage the store front that there was this long haired, very long fingernailed, long bearded, scruffy gentleman perusing through the crash helmets and leathers. My fellow shop assitants said that he came in quite often and was no harm but had been given orders to ask him to leave the shop as the management believed it was putting off the 'rich' customers. As I was just the temporary help they decied it was my turn and so I wandered up to him and, not being the confrontational type asked him if I could be of any assistance. A rather polite voice replied that he was just browsing and he left the shop. Returning th the counter there were a few smirks and one of the older more hippier blokes infomed me that I had just thrown out Peter Green. I felt sad.

Mind you I did nearly throw out Eddie Kidd as well until someone rushed up to me and shoved me away. The place was also used for The Sun photoshoots when someone won a motorcycle and the models used to have change in a little room next to mine which just happened to have a little window at the top from which I had an envious position. Also the building that it was based in used to manufacture these wonderful cars.

Now that was a bit more interesting...
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Another album I've been enjoying is the latest album by Santana. It's called Shapeshifter and is a slight departure from his recent collaborations with contemporary performers. More a return to his earlier stuff with lots of lilting guitar instrumentals.

I can heartily recommend it!

Comment

I used to be a big fan of the pop group Fleetwood Mac so I pricked my ears up with interest on overhearing the conversation of some fellow ale drinkers the other night.
                Bet your ears aren't the only place that have been pricked up.........
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  A disturbing blend of verbiage and tedium.

0/10
                  WHS
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Excellent stuff

Peter Green made a come back about 1997 and started to tour in very low profile. He has since released a lot of original and collaboration work, done a lot of Blues and a hint of Jazz with some performances done at "Ronnie Scott". Certainly my iPod is full of his material both New & Old. His voice is still great and performs just like old times, though naturally age has mellowed it a little.

Fleetwood Mac might as well not have existed had it not been for Peter Green, Stevie Nicks & Lindsey Buckingham. Discuss!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X