• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Carefree

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carefree

Which I was a child again.

I don't like this working, being responsible thing. I think it's directly attibutable to the number of keys you have.

When you're a kid you don't have any at all. Then you get your front door key when you're a teenager. Then maybe a bike lock. Then a locker key.
    Then it's a car or motorbike key. Perhaps some more lock keys. Then it's multiple car keys, then front and back door keys. A numeric key to your bank account. A pin number. Multiple pin numbers.
    Keys online for this and that. A shed key, garage key. Key to the neighbours house.
    Key to the electic meter, key to the gas meter. Then a work key. Then you move! You get more keys, the old keys you keep in a drawer.

You can chart your life by the number of keys you accumulate.

Wish I didn't have keys again.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

I used a combination lock for my bike lock, so that I could be carefree, not worry about losing a key and and didn't wear a hole in my pocket. This system worked well until one night when I became the owner of a sliced lock cable and no bike. Should have used a thicker cable, though these tend to use keys.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

I don't like this working, being responsible thing. I think it's directly attibutable to the number of keys you have.

When you're a kid you don't have any at all. Then you get your front door key when you're a teenager. Then maybe a bike lock. Then a locker key.
      Then it's a car or motorbike key. Perhaps some more lock keys. Then it's multiple car keys, then front and back door keys. A numeric key to your bank account. A pin number. Multiple pin numbers.
      Keys online for this and that. A shed key, garage key. Key to the neighbours house.
      Key to the electic meter, key to the gas meter. Then a work key. Then you move! You get more keys, the old keys you keep in a drawer.

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I thought about this the other day actually, and came to the conclusion that the last time I was truely care free was leaving school at 16. I had the summer hols to look forward to, had the GCSE results that I wanted and had a bird who was fit and a whole new 'grown up' life ahead of me.

It's been down hill since then really

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
          I thought about this the other day actually, and came to the conclusion that the last time I was truely care free was leaving school at 16. I had the summer hols to look forward to, had the GCSE results that I wanted and had a bird who was fit and a whole new 'grown up' life ahead of me.

It's been down hill since then really
          I agree. I had everything but the bird bit.

The story of my life, really...
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Janitors do indeed have to carry a lot of keys.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              I used a combination lock for my bike lock, so that I could be carefree, not worry about losing a key and and didn't wear a hole in my pocket. This system worked well until one night when I became the owner of a sliced lock cable and no bike. Should have used a thicker cable, though these tend to use keys.
              I got into a bit of trouble at school by swapping over combination locks on the bicycles. The problem was the headmaster was confused on what rule I had broken so he let me off.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

It could be worse, you could be a permie.

Throw away your old keys. Discard them like previous lovers and clientco email addresses.

Also, your butler should sort this tulip out.
                Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Which is why I like being in the mental hospital so much - no keys.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Which is why I like being in the mental hospital so much - no keys.
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                    X