• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hello everyone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone

Hi all,

I'm new here. Just looking for some tips and info.

I've been offered a central government contract role due to start in a week. Provided I get through their strict background checking system all will be well.

Just trying to figure out the best umbrella to use but worried if I don't get through the background check whether I'll still have to pay the umbrella company's fees.

Originally posted by trumpet View Post
    Hi all,

I've been offered a central government contract role due to start in a week. Provided I get through their strict background checking system all will be well.

Just trying to figure out the best umbrella to use but worried if I don't get through the background check whether I'll still have to pay the umbrella company's fees.
    Don't worry yourself; generally the umbrella takes a weekly or monthly admin fee depending on your payment frequency.

Good luck.

one day at a time

Comment

Hi all,

Where is Lisa when you need her

This has been discussed endlessly on here. Since the site search function is crap it's esier to use google.

Try this one.

recommended umbrella companies site:forums.contractoruk.com - Google Search
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

worried if I don't get through the background check whether I'll still have to pay the umbrella company's fees.

Most of them seem to be pretty on the ball and can get you setup pretty quickly but it's probably worth talking to one now. If you do a search then you may find some helpful people from umbrella companies that post useful information here.

The fees aren't that high, but make sure you get one that you only pay a fee while you are working! Also make sure it's a flat fee not a percentage of your income and also make sure it's a proper PAYE setup rather than one of these "schemes" involving off shore companies, loans, trusts or anything like that.
        Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Working...
        X