• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cameron finds solution to high immigration figures

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cameron finds solution to high immigration figures

Students could be exempted from immigration figures to help hit Coalition target - Telegraph

Genious - just change the way things are counted and pledge fulfilled!

He's got form on this already by excluding ICTs, while simultaneously removing any limits.

Comment

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ml#post1281612

Comment

That's fair enough - £150k per year earning in UK would pay lots of tax, makes sense to wave them through immigration as long as they pay taxes.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          That's fair enough - £150k per year earning in UK would pay lots of tax, makes sense to wave them through immigration as long as they pay taxes.
          Okay try this one instead : http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ml#post1550151

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            I nearly got late to eurostar train to London from Brussels because of super high queue to check passports - I found it really amusing that first local police checked them and after it UK Border check

Comment

Genius - just change the way things are counted and pledge fulfilled!
              New Labour must be miffed. After all, they thought of it first.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                New Labour must be miffed. After all, they thought of it first.
                Actually, they copied the outgoing Tory government who pioneered the technique in order to get the jobless count down.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Might not be so bad if they ensured that they are genuine and that they left afterwards. 50% of students or "students" from Nigeria, India and Pakistan on 3 year courses are still here after 5 years.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...df?view=Binary
                  Last edited by xoggoth; 8 July 2012, 21:36.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I nearly got late to eurostar train to London from Brussels because of super high queue to check passports - I found it really amusing that first local police checked them and after it UK Border check
                    It's because the local police of Belgium and France don't scan our bags and suitcases.

And yes everyone finds it amusing.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X