• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ex-pats Brits have to pay for NHS treatment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ex-pats Brits have to pay for NHS treatment

Expats beware

Ex-pats beware: If you are outside the UK for more than six months, regardless of if you pay UK Income Tax and National Insurance; you will not be entitled to free NHS treatment. However if you are an asylum seeker with AIDS you will be entitled to free treatment.

Yes, but as a member of the EU surely I am entitled

Comment

<Yes, but as a member of the EU surely I am entitled>

Yes, but only on the terms of the country of origin of the EU visitor. If you're an expat outside the EU the answer is definatly no.

Comment

you will not be entitled to free NHS treatment.
        You say that like it is a bad thing. :rollin

Comment

At least it will stop you getting MRSA

You could just claim asylum and get it though.

Comment

And right it is too. Bloody expats sitting in lovely hot countries enjoying a great way of life. >:

IF YOU WANT TO SUFFER A PAINFUL DEATH AT THE HANDS OF THE NHS, THE LEAST YOU CAN DO IS STAY HERE LIKE THE REST OF US IDIOTS!

Comment

So when did that come in?

I was OS for 12 years, and I've used the NHS since then and never had any problems or been told I can't use it.

Amazingly enough, I didn't have to wait for days for a doctors or a dentist, wouldn't have thunk it reading the hysteria of the tabkoids going on about it.

Comment

regardless of if you pay UK Income Tax and National Insurance; you will not be entitled to free NHS treatment
                They'll want to make a refund then?

Didn't think so.

Comment

Working...
                X