• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sometimes I wish I could say this kind of thing at work...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes I wish I could say this kind of thing at work...

Bradley Wiggins, on armchair experts and people who speculate about sportsmen using drugs;

“I say they’re just f------ w------. I cannot be doing with people like that. It justifies their own bone-idleness because they can’t ever imagine applying themselves to do anything in their lives.

“It’s easy for them to sit under a pseudonym on Twitter and write that sort of s---, rather than get off their arses in their own lives and apply themselves and work hard at something and achieve something. And that’s ultimately it. C----.”
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Yeah because cycling has been the bastion of sportsmanship and never used drugs in recent years
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      Yeah because cycling has been the bastion of sportsmanship and never used drugs in recent years
      That's why he's got every right to speak out; people are now being judged on what other people did in the past and there's silly speculation going on all the time. Anyone who's been subjected to drug testing regimes in any sport knows that if you don't have a team full of professors of chemistry and microbiology working for you, you'll be caught some time and your career is at risk; the fact that there are still a few idiots prepared to try it, even though there isn't even much hard evidence that it improves performance any more than a near perfect combination of diet and training regime, is just proof that there are always a few idiots. Sportspeople have moved on and science has moved on; there are perfectly legal ways to improve performance; you don't need the drugs any more.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        That's why he's got every right to speak out; people are now being judged on what other people did in the past and there's silly speculation going on all the time. Anyone who's been subjected to drug testing regimes in any sport knows that if you don't have a team full of professors of chemistry and microbiology working for you, you'll be caught some time and your career is at risk; the fact that there are still a few idiots prepared to try it, even though there isn't even much hard evidence that it improves performance any more than a near perfect combination of diet and training regime, is just proof that there are always a few idiots. Sportspeople have moved on and science has moved on; there are perfectly legal ways to improve performance; you don't need the drugs any more.
        On this very forum the bankers have been lambasted for the sins of the past, its a safe bet that not banker has been as naughty as others but we still tar them all with the same brush.
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Bradley Wiggins, on armchair experts and people who speculate about sportsmen using drugs;

+1

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            On this very forum the bankers have been lambasted for the sins of the past, its a safe bet that not banker has been as naughty as others but we still tar them all with the same brush.
            Yep, but here's a problem with that; cyclists and athletes have been lambasted because of stuff that went on in the past, and rightly so in some cases, but since then the drug testing regimes have become very stringent, to the point that people at the top of their sport have to report their whereabouts for every moment of the day for every day of their careers; they are continually subjected to blood and urine testing, and remember; they perform right there in front of the cameras and if they're caught doing something wrong they get long bans, it's made public and in most cases their careers are over. I don't see any real reforms in banking or any moves toward openness, never mind contrition; that's the difference. If banks were to publicly act on corruption and incompetence the way sports associations have acted on drugs there's be more reason to trust them.

Comment

6 foot 3 and 10 odd stone

Comment

28 years old:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  6 foot 3 and 10 odd stone

Yep, he's thin but that pic looks a bit photoshopped; he's not a Belsen survivor.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    28 years old:

Spot the difference;

Comment

Working...
                    X