• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dam

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dam

World's biggest hydropower plant Three Gorges complete - Economic Times

The installation of the project's 32nd 700-megawatt unit brought total capacity up to 22.5 gigawatts (GW)
    That's almost half of UK electricity consumption, and runs day in day out without needing to buy dodgy Russian gas. Lucky (and smart) beggers.

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post

That's almost half of UK electricity consumption, and runs day in day out without needing to buy dodgy Russian gas. Lucky (and smart) beggers.
    Thats like 10 BTTF trips!
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Couldn't we dam the Thames somewhere and do the same?

And think of all that new real estate in London.....

Comment

and only 200,000 (dead), (displaced), gloriously happy citizens relocated into brand new purpose built accommodation with great infrastructure

Comment

All we need is somewhere to put 70 odd Lake Windemeres. Somewhere in Wales?
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            Walsall - can only improve it?
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              The amount it rains in the summer we could put Dams at the end of streets for when the floods come.

Comment

At least the Warmistas will be happy.

The Human Rights brigade are clearly unhappy (China did it so it can't be good)
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  and only 200,000 (dead), (displaced), gloriously happy citizens relocated into brand new purpose built accommodation with great infrastructure
                  That's maybe 7-10 times the number of elderly in UK who die every winter because they can't afford to heat their houses as energy to do so is way too expensive.

You sure won't see an MP in China to object to a high speed rail because it will "ruin" views of some of his rich constituents, whilst this country is still discussing HS2 in China they'll build 20+ times more high speed railways.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    In other news, the Chinese are part of a consortium bidding to build some nuclear power stations here.

Is that yet another "Oh Dear(tm)"?
                    It's the free market innit. The Chinese put in a bid that claims to be miles cheaper than the indigenous species, who then go extinct, then we have to pay whatever it costs to build in the end, and the people who pay the Chinese somehow end up very rich too. Everyone's a winner. Then we get invaded and made in noodles as we deserve.

Comment

Working...
                    X