• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lumbago

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lumbago

is an arse.

Played Tennis yesterday, then fooked about with the girls canoeing.

Woke up this morning, with sharp pains, diagnosed as Lumbago. 2-3 weeks out. ALthough I am riving a fecking 9m motorhome to France in 2 weeks.

Anyone any, serious, advice as to how best to get over it? I have heard McKenzie exercises are best, but anyone been through it?

Drugs good though. Sat here off my tits on Codeine and Diazepam...

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    is an arse.

Played Tennis yesterday, then fooked about with the girls canoeing.

Woke up this morning, with sharp pains, diagnosed as Lumbago. 2-3 weeks out. ALthough I am riving a fecking 9m motorhome to France in 2 weeks.

Anyone any, serious, advice as to how best to get over it? I have heard McKenzie exercises are best, but anyone been through it?

Drugs good though. Sat here off my tits on Codeine and Diazepam...
    This is why I don't exercise, you never hear of people suffering from couch potato!
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Anyone any, serious, advice as to how best to get over it?
      Lie down flat on your back on the floor for a while.

That usually helps when I do my back in.

HTH

Comment

Lie flat on a hard floor and raise your knees to your chest one at a time and hold for 20 seconds. Do that for 10 minutes twice a day. When it becomes easier, rock knees gently from side to side whilst holding.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Sounds like a footballer.

LUMBARGGGOOOOOOOO!!!! *cheers*

Comment

Have you tried pulling your eyelids down and blowing your nose?
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              This is why I don't exercise, you never hear of people suffering from couch potato!
              True, but what about obesity, high blood pressure, DVT etc. etc. You can't win.

Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
              Lie down flat on your back on the floor for a while.

That usually helps when I do my back in.

HTH
              Same here. Dose yourself up to relax the muscles, then spend a couple of nights kipping on the floor, you'll be on the mend.

I usually notice an improvement after one night.
              The vegetarian option.

Comment

Cheers for the advice guys.

Comment

Comment

Cheers for the advice guys.

Lie on you back and get comfortable , stretch out your hands and have a wank. It does nor relieve the pain but it takes your mind off of it few a couple of minutes.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X